Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

If a Rhino is allowed to open a door, does it preclude you from unlocking the drill?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 6:10:24 PM
I was doing a playthrough where I was fairly meticulous in ensuring I opened every door before I continued to the next level, in an effort to unlock the drill pod. On level 10 I was getting somewhat overwhelmed and wasn't able to stop a rhino from opening one of the last few doors of the level. After then continuing to finish opening the doors and escaping the level, I noticed I did not unlock the drill pod. So I guess I've got a couple of questions:

1.) Since that rhino did open a door, did that cause me to not unlock the drill pod, or is it more likely I simply lacked attention to detail on one of my levels? (Totally a possibility, I've only attempted to do get the pod once so far).

2.) If it did cause me to not unlock the drill pod, is this intended behavior?

3.) If it is intended behavior, should it be? I understand that the doors automatically opening when you pick up the crystal naturally shouldn't count as opening every door, but adding the stipulation that a rhino can't open a door either adds a great deal of difficulty on that last level or two in attempting to unlock the pod. Furthermore, I'd argue that rhinos opening doors only adds to the difficulty of the level, since as far as I understand you don't receive the FIDS from it but it CAN cause additional waves to spawn. If I'm wrong on that last part, then I could see how the mechanic might be abusable.

Thank you for your attention!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 4:59:54 AM
I unlocked the Drill Pod, even with Rihnos opening doors in all my victorious playthroughs. As far as I am aware Rihno works like opening the door, it's just opening door you might not want to open or at time it's undesirable. It's more likely you've skipped a door somewhere. Or it was a bug, but this is hard to tell without you being sure you opened all the doors and got the message ("all rooms in this dungeon has been unlocked").
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 3:47:57 PM
Door Openers are supposed to count if I remember correctly. The doors that open automatically during the crystal run are not supposed to count.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 4:11:12 PM
That's correct, but there is currently a bug with the unlocks smiley: rollsweat
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 26, 2014, 6:50:35 AM
Ah, thank you! I must have encountered the bug then because I'm reasonably certain I verified I opened every door on every level. Also, good to know at the very least that the rhinos did NOT cause my problem, as I would feel like that would be unreasonably cruel haha. More importantly, good to know you guys are already aware of the issue.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 13, 2014, 6:31:28 PM
Hello, i have a bug, i finish the armory pod but it didn't unlock the drill pod, this is the same bug?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 13, 2014, 6:57:18 PM
Should be fixed next update
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment