Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

questions I can't find the answer to about Pricing levels

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 18, 2014, 11:11:42 PM
I currently only own Dungeon of the Endless - Pixel Pack. I just bought the game and have played it to death. It's a great game and I can't wait for release.

I've spent the last half hour looking for details about the different payment levels and haven't found anything. This pricing structure really be clearer.

If I buy the Founder's Pack upgrade, I get the Library and Josh 'Ntello "available at release". But do these become free to all after the official release on Oct 27th, or do they only 'unlock' after release for those who already bought them? Once release comes around, will I have missed my chance to unlock them, or could I still buy them later? Like, if I buy this game for someone this Christmas, would those parts of the game be locked to them forever? At some point everyone should get free access to them, especially those who didn't know about the game when it was in Alpha/Beta. Preorder incentives should let you have extra content or cosmetic options early, not restrict everyone else.

I have the same questions about Endless Legend - Founder's Pack. Do I have to buy a different $45 game just to unlock all the gameplay features of Dungeon of the Endless? That must be so frustrating for people who don't want both games. I was excited about getting Endless Legend, but if it also has these same kind of paywalled gameplay features or tries to get me to buy a future game then I'm going to have to reconsider.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 18, 2014, 11:48:17 PM
I posted a reply on Steam. Going to copy paste here:

They should still be available to putchase later.

Currently you can only get the Endless Legend stuff buy buying that game, but as that is a bit unfair to people who love this game but don't play 4X games, Amplitude is brainstorming in what way they will offer that content without having to buy that completly different game.

Buying the game later should be safe - it does not fit their philosophy to lock people out of stuff because they came too late.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 19, 2014, 12:04:12 AM
I'll wait then. Just wanted to make I wasn't missing out if I wait until post-release. Thank you.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment