Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Dev Question: What happened to the other difficulties?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 12:39:59 AM
I haven't been on here in a while, but earlier it seemed they were thinking of adding another harder difficulty, past easy. What happened to that?

Not sure about the difficulties in the official launch, but as of now they seem a lot easier than before - not sure I like that. Will see if it gets harder later.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 12:30:21 PM
I get that the difficulty names are a joke, but which is really meant to be the "normal" one? I generally like the experience games at the difficulty that the developers intended. Is "Very Easy" dumbed down, or is "Easy" buffed up?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 1:34:12 PM
Traditionally, winning a rogue game is about skill and luck. Because of this you can't win every game, at least you should not. If we follow this logic, Easy is closer to being the "true mode", since winning with pure skill you can win "very easy" everytime. The only way to lose it is to make mistakes.

If they add another harder mode, it will be too dependent on luck since getting a bad wave (bunched up explosive monsters, etc) or not getting the right items (weapons etc) can cripple you and end your run.

Well that is not exactly true, it is true right now because we haven't explored every mechanic and we don't know many numbers yet (like monsters life and resistances and how much dust bonus a generator gives), once we get all of those details figured out I think it will be fairly possible to win consistently on easy and another difficulty level might be needed down the road.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 2:54:53 PM
DrakenKin wrote:
If they add another harder mode, it will be too dependent on luck since getting a bad wave (bunched up explosive monsters, etc) or not getting the right items (weapons etc) can cripple you and end your run.

This already happens on Easy.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 11:44:41 PM
cipher86 wrote:
This already happens on Easy.

Yes but we haven't mastered all aspects of the game. Such as must have researchs and those you can skip, so you can stop making science and make more food and production stockpile for later levels, monster healths so you can know which turrets are best (important is not DPS but how many hits to kill)... things like AOE turrets seem useless at the moment but are they? Also best heroes and so on. Once we figure out those things through testing and have efficient build orders a fair amount of luck can be eliminated.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment