Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Bragging time!

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 1:59:17 PM
melkathi wrote:
Open more doors, kill more stuff, open doors simultaneously for multipliers and all that in less time.

My best score for example is at 24709 Easy Library (just a bit lower than Angelore's score) but I got lucky on floor 12 and found the exit extremely early, so did nothing to generate score there I guess.

Hrm... what about those enemies that open doors for you? Does that multiply your score?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 11:56:54 AM
Thanks for the clarification.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 10:51:40 AM
Hi,

In fact, OpenedDoorScore is for opening a door during the "strategic phase" and ActionOpenedDoorScore is for opening a door during the "action phase" (widget glows in red).

If a monster opens a door, you have 0 score.

There is no "score multiplier", the visual feedback was wrong and is no longer in the game.

The bonus is only the difference between ActionOpenedDoorScore and OpenedDoorScore, which could be more important...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 12:40:19 AM
I think the max multiplier for simultaneous doors is x4 .
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 10:25:31 PM
melkathi wrote:
Checked the config and it says:

OpenedDoorScore="10" ActionOpenedDoorScore="15" GatheredFISScore="1" KilledMobScore="1" LootedDustScore="-1" LostHeroScore="-100" LeftOverFISScore="3"

The Opened Door and Action Opened Door probably is there to differentiate between doors opened by the player (10+15 points) and doors opened by mobs (just 10 points).

Thank you for this, I can get a general idea about how score is calculated. Guess I gotta try simultaneously open doors. Does it work if I open 3 doors at once?

However, I've always attempted to open every door on each floor whilst keeping most rooms unpowered for extra mob dust.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 1:50:19 AM
melkathi wrote:
You probably killed so many monsters in those huge waves that you got an enormous score from the killing spree smiley: smile

I have been testing a bit with my latest Refreezerator attempt (game crashed on exiting floor 9 in the previous attempt, when my laptop decided to warn me about low batt...). Namely I have been holding off levelling to only the start of a floor. So while I may have the food to level up before running for the exit, I keep that food to get the extra Left Over x3 score for the resources and then level up on starting the next floor. It seems to work. Of course not dying also helps :P died twice on floor 4, so while on the first three floors I was getting just over 1k score per floor, at the end of floor 4 I was at 3.8k, with a measly score around 600-700 on that floor. Floor 5 though ended with a 5.2k, so I am back on track smiley: smile

Just wish I could give Holoheroes the "Me First" ability. Without it, they can be annoying to use, though they still tank plenty of damage.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 10:36:10 PM
You probably killed so many monsters in those huge waves that you got an enormous score from the killing spree smiley: smile

I have been testing a bit with my latest Refreezerator attempt (game crashed on exiting floor 9 in the previous attempt, when my laptop decided to warn me about low batt...). Namely I have been holding off levelling to only the start of a floor. So while I may have the food to level up before running for the exit, I keep that food to get the extra Left Over x3 score for the resources and then level up on starting the next floor. It seems to work. Of course not dying also helps :P died twice on floor 4, so while on the first three floors I was getting just over 1k score per floor, at the end of floor 4 I was at 3.8k, with a measly score around 600-700 on that floor. Floor 5 though ended with a 5.2k, so I am back on track smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 9:53:08 PM
melkathi wrote:

OpenedDoorScore="10" ActionOpenedDoorScore="15" GatheredFISScore="1" KilledMobScore="1" LootedDustScore="-1" LostHeroScore="-100" LeftOverFISScore="3"

The Opened Door and Action Opened Door probably is there to differentiate between doors opened by the player (10+15 points) and doors opened by mobs (just 10 points).

Got it! So those jerks still die horribly :P

Thought that maybe that was what gave me a huge score bonus one floor where I had a chain-door-action when I couldn't control the opening, but managed to hold off the waves. Pretty much the whole floor went by in a matter of moments XD
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 2:55:24 PM

0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 2:11:41 PM
Nope they don't provide a multiplier. I asked smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 30, 2014, 6:12:06 PM
Okay here we go. This thread would appear eventually, so I better be the founder of it \o/

Actually I was thinking that I was playing at Too Easy, and through all the game I was like "damn, why the hell is dust so rare, it's not even easy".

But it felt good when I found out smiley: biggrin

0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 10:43:37 AM
Vasuki wrote:
How do you actually manage to get such high scores? I must be missing something. I guess I gotta keep trying it seems smiley: smile

Open more doors, kill more stuff, open doors simultaneously for multipliers and all that in less time.

My best score for example is at 24709 Easy Library (just a bit lower than Angelore's score) but I got lucky on floor 12 and found the exit extremely early, so did nothing to generate score there I guess.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 4:34:47 AM
How do you actually manage to get such high scores? I must be missing something. I guess I gotta keep trying it seems smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 7:38:02 PM
Well, since game doesn't give you any numbers, I can't tell for sure.

But thinking or it, yeah, it felt like they had more hp and damage over time.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 4:20:57 PM
I haven't looked at the config files lately, but monster stats, number of waves, and wave size are scaled based on the floor. Just how much they curve is still a mystery to me.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 1:37:18 PM
Devs said that it does get harder though, that at least monster difficulty is on some curve. Floor size has a max at 40something rooms because of some ways the game is set up (might be so everything fits on the tactical map).
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 1, 2014, 9:46:37 PM
Seems to be permanent level 12. Starting dust stays 16, only biomes and monster types change.

It really gets on your nerves after some time though, because it is mostly determined by luck. Around level 18 I got 3 dust generators in a row, which gave me nothing (and destroyed module slots).
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 1, 2014, 9:35:31 PM
Does it actually get harder and harder on Drill-Pod or does it stay like level 12 for all the time?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 1, 2014, 9:03:30 PM
400 dust is pretty decent, amirite?

(Level 23 on drill pod, collected dosh with aftershave)

Oh, and I killed 15000 monsters on that run, what is pretty insane smiley: ohh

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment