Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ending : Too anticlimactic?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 1, 2014, 10:55:01 AM
A lot of reviews are talking about how the ending feels a bit... short, mostly after the pain of the last levels. So i was thinking : The survivors of Success are the soon-to-be Vaulters, right? So how about a bit of future history, to know what happened to the characters after they reach the surface? Did Gork try to take over leadership by force? Once Hishenka discovered her affiliation to the Nidya race, did she help forming an alliance with the Vaulters?

It would be a neat addition to the game, and people LOVE lore.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 7:10:36 AM
Talfos wrote:
It would be a neat addition to the game, and people LOVE lore.

Wholehearted agreement on my part. The character interactions and personal story-lines are my favorite part of the game (well, after the art perhaps). I haven't gotten past level ten as of posting, but I do hope the end is suitably characterful to match the rest of the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 8:58:23 AM
Angelore wrote:
It is not. It's just a "You won" screen. Unfortunately.

Yeah, that's the problem. I mean there's a nice artwork and sweet music but damn, winning the game is an ordeal, you need more than just a "Thanks for playing".
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 10:22:00 AM
Voidlight wrote:
I haven't gotten past level ten as of posting, but I do hope the end is suitably characterful to match the rest of the game.
Angelore wrote:
It is not. It's just a "You won" screen. Unfortunately.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 1:44:01 PM
Music is fantastic though smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 1:26:46 AM
melkathi wrote:
Music is fantastic though smiley: smile

What you are saying is that you totally support the idea of a more deep and wonderful ending smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 10:45:37 AM
arguser wrote:
What you are saying is that you totally support the idea of a more deep and wonderful ending smiley: wink

I totally support someone doing a RPGMaker fanproject that tells the story of the heroes emerging from the dungeon :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 11:20:37 AM
I'm not sure. But is there different image for each winning team ? Or there is only one image for win?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 1:02:59 PM
myrec wrote:
I'm not sure. But is there different image for each winning team ? Or there is only one image for win?

the background is the same, but in the foreground you have the silhouettes of your team members.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 1:12:31 PM
So you can like really have (number of heroes)!/(number of heroes-4)! possible end game screens ? GREAT!!!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 1:32:33 PM
Yup, f you look again at the various endgame screenshots people have posted you'll see the different shapes on them.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 2:18:48 PM
myrec wrote:
So you can like really have (number of heroes)!/(number of heroes-4)! possible end game screens ? GREAT!!!

Good luck getting some combinations of heroes smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2014, 1:52:08 AM
I'd just love if they made an extra mode for after the dungeon is completed, such as the reformation of the survivors from different places around Auriga (if the lore is like that).

But other than that, the ending is somewhat anti-climactic, but I like screencapping it and using my best score or favorite hero composition as my desktop background smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment