Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Turrets don't work

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 8:09:45 AM
I recently faced some odd behavior of my turrets. Sometimes they don't shoot and a 'no power' sign appears above each device, although the room in which they are mounted is powered. Is this some new feature to make the game more exciting, or am I doing something wrong? Especially in higher levels this can be very annoying :/
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 8:21:14 AM
It is the EMP door event. Sometimes opening a door will trigger an EMP. That will disable the power to modules in a random room (it used to be more than one room, but not sure if they have toned it down). The event is biased to hit one of the rooms that will hurt you the most. Power will return in a couple of turns.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 9:18:53 AM
melkathi wrote:
It is the EMP door event. Sometimes opening a door will trigger an EMP. That will disable the power to modules in a random room (it used to be more than one room, but not sure if they have toned it down). The event is biased to hit one of the rooms that will hurt you the most. Power will return in a couple of turns.

It can definitely still hit more than one room. This is probably one of my most hated parts of the game since boomers got nerfed. The fact that it hits completely random rooms means you can't plan for it to happen, there's no way to counter it once it's happened (other than building more stuff in more rooms which is often not possible)... I'd be fine if there was some form of strategic choice involved with it, but it's nothing more than an unavoidable annoyance which, depending on the circumstances, can be guaranteed loss.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 9:34:38 AM
melkathi wrote:

Thank you for the information!

there's no way to counter it once it's happened

As a suggestion, maybe some additional EMP-Shielding or protecting device could save all the turrets from the EMP in the same room, where it is being placed.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 11:53:01 AM
Good idea! I suggest making a suggestion post about it, possibly in the G2G section, to get it more easily, clearly noticed smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 3:42:18 PM
Even if, as you know, we're reading ant noticing EVERYTHING here smiley: cool
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 4:12:37 PM
Shadowsand wrote:
It can definitely still hit more than one room.

If it does the message actually appears twice in the log (never had it hit more than two). Seems to be based somewhat on how many major modules you have running.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 20, 2014, 8:34:02 AM
Mysterarts wrote:
Even if, as you know, we're reading ant noticing EVERYTHING here smiley: cool

Pfft. I know you notice everything. But other players seem to get lost between the two forums :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 25, 2014, 3:03:56 PM
I think the solution is simple. Limit the EMP disruption to the room you came from when opening a door.

Now the threat is still very real, but the strategic decision becomes do I place a bunch of defenses in the room I'm in before I open the next door, or do I risk it with no mods. Feels perfectly fair and viable to me. To offset the hit to difficulty, make the effect last longer...maybe even indefinitely for the floor if there were day a hard cap to how many rooms could trigger this effect.

Then it's more like a puzzle that can be solved with planning than an instant lose senario.

P.s. thank you for nerf in ba bombs. I actually beat easy mode once since they no longer instantly kill every hero that opens a room full of them.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 25, 2014, 3:06:34 PM
gap81 wrote:
I think the solution is simple. Limit the EMP disruption to the room you came from when opening a door.

I dunno... generally, by the time EMPs start happening, it's late enough in the game that I don't have the dust to power every room, and the room I'm exploring from is one of the last ones on the list to power up. Several alternatives are being suggested over here though: /#/dungeon-of-the-endless/forum/47-game-design/thread/17772-emp-shielding-device
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 25, 2014, 3:13:38 PM
It's not a solution to make the game easier. It doesn't change the fact you will lose a defensive position in the game, which I don't see in it self as being the major issue...it merely allows you some small level of control in making sure the choke points you set up to defend are safe to dump resources into by opening all the doors out of them before you spend em.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment