Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Question, Are Lan Modules UP?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 12, 2014, 4:27:44 PM
I'm on floor 10 and I have built now three level 2 lan modules in an attempt to keep my modules alive. I also have tesla (though weaker than they ought to be teslas) to try and stop the module killers. The result? The same as though I had no lan modules at all. I'm wondering if these modules ought to do better, especially since defense is a stat always trumped in this game by offense (defense is a diminishing reward, offense isn't) Therefore I would argue the lan modules probably need a slight buff to make them truly worth while. However I could be way off base here, which is why I'm posing this as a question.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 14, 2014, 12:38:08 PM
I don't know for a fact, but I would bet there are diminishing returns. You may wanna pick up the modules that increase defenses of modules and heroes in the room to give an less diminished buff to your stuff.

To be honest, the 2 or 3 "easy" games I've won, I didn't have many problems keeping modules alive, but I tended to keep my heroes in a room before my turrets, the next room would have slows and prisoner prods, maybe science cannons, and the next room after that would have 1-2 doctor stone things.

If you're doing the escape pod, pill pod, and arsenal pod, you should have no problems simply replacing the cheap prisoner pods that get broken if you have to leave stuff unattended.

Seeing as you're on level 10, you might want to execute the "find the elevator and leave as soon as possible" strat. You should have enough manufacturing resource to build up what you need on the next level to "survive" and if I'm remembering correctly, when you escape floor 12, the game is over.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 15, 2014, 12:00:41 PM
RiskChrist wrote:
I don't know for a fact, but I would bet there are diminishing returns.

Defence is definitely diminishing returns - there's a thread about it somewhere which gives the formula.

As for LAN modules though, the only time I've noticed a significant difference thanks to them is when I had a level 4 LAN module, operated by someone with 10+ wit. At that point, I think all my modules could take maybe 2 or 3 more hits. That's a pretty awesome amount for just tipping the scales and getting them to survive an extra enemy or 2, but utterly worthless when faced with multiple waves of breakers. I definitely think they should be buffed.

Having said that, I haven't looked at the base defence stats of modules. It may make more sense to change LAN modules from a % to a flat amount - weak modules get significantly stronger, while already strong modules only get a slight boost.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment