Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Overrun on Escape Pod Floor 9

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 5:56:01 PM
I was on floor 9 of the Escape Pod map when I encountered what looked like a never-ending spawn of monsters including something that looked like a boss.

I just opened a door when waves of monsters started appearing including the rhinos and something that looked like a giant slime/sumo wrestler type of monster. I was able to hold off the first few waves but they just never ended and I saw that my FIS kept going up. Eventually my whole team was overwhelmed by the flood of monsters and I was wiped out. It felt like I was doing a crystal run but without actually initiating the crystal run.

Can anyone tell me what in the world happened to my session? Was it a bug or did the rhinos or the sumo guy have a special ability to endlessly spawn monsters?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 5:58:04 PM
The rhinos open doors. That can spawn more waves.

The Keeper (fat dude) buffs all enemies and thus makes those huge waves even harder.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 6:09:08 PM
There must have been a whole lot of unopened doors left if I got what amounted to an infinite wave then. Any tips on how to kill the Keeper? That monster hit like a monster truck..
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 6:16:38 PM
Aftershave can get you in there and kill the Keeper while he has no idea what's happening.

For killing the Rhinos you can use the same tactic... Or maybe run Sara through the lines and slice 'em up.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 6:25:31 PM
I had the following line-up: Max, Josh, Rakya and Troe. They were a bit underleveled for the floor since I had lost Hikansha a floor back but Max and Troe could handle a rhino no sweat.

I unfortunately had the luck to get no aftershave or any moderately powerful item due to a lack of chests/merchants on several floors.

I guess I just had a bad run of RNG.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 8:14:30 PM
If you see a Keeper icon, rush in there and finish it before it grows to full size, if possible.

One ended up soloing my entire team because I left it alone for too long.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 8:29:54 PM
If you have to fight it after it has grown, a room with autodoc shards can allow you to go there and heal up in breaks from the fight. The Keeper wont regenerate. It makes the fight last longer but can save a lot of food.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment