Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

No Pixel Left Behind

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 9:05:23 PM
It is still a work in progress and may likely never work out completly due to UI problems, non the less, allow me to present an act of rebelion against Amplitude's arbitrary decision to force us to abandon heroes in the Dungeon to certain death by necrophage:

0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 9:11:26 PM
Haha, funny vid. smiley: smile

By the way... Mind = Blown. I was not aware you can delete Endless Artifacts even after reaching the surface multiple times...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 9:14:37 PM
DeFlow wrote:

By the way... Mind = Blown. I was not aware you can delete Endless Artifacts even after reaching the surface multiple times...

It can be very useful when you are surrounded by artifacts smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 9:51:14 PM
Very good video! ^^ It reminded me of one of the trailers of the game, when it zooms out and we see that the dungeon has dozens and dozens of rooms... kinda wished the game had a mode with a single floor and a hundred doors! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 21, 2014, 9:56:47 PM
That would be awesome indeed.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 22, 2014, 10:41:29 AM
The game can only display 11 portraits at a time on the screen. So I need to keep numbers 1-8 bound to the specific characters if I want to select them separately.

Also, I forgot :P

I do use select all though ! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 26, 2014, 8:04:09 PM
I'd love to see this completed, though the UI bits would definitely be a problem.

The other issue I see is that you'll essentially be able to 'cover' 20 rooms for free once all heroes are recruited (e.g. not need to light them to avoid monster spawns), which takes away a lot of the difficulty in the higher floors. This could be mitigated some if it's possible to require 2 heroes to a room before it's protected rather than 1, but even still that's a stretch.

I wonder if it's possible to have them join automatically (or set the recruitment cost to 0 food), since you're rescuing them after all. I imagine leveling up all 20 of them would be rather expensive as well.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 28, 2014, 9:56:54 PM
dewin wrote:
I'd love to see this completed, though the UI bits would definitely be a problem.

The other issue I see is that you'll essentially be able to 'cover' 20 rooms for free once all heroes are recruited (e.g. not need to light them to avoid monster spawns), which takes away a lot of the difficulty in the higher floors. This could be mitigated some if it's possible to require 2 heroes to a room before it's protected rather than 1, but even still that's a stretch.

I wonder if it's possible to have them join automatically (or set the recruitment cost to 0 food), since you're rescuing them after all. I imagine leveling up all 20 of them would be rather expensive as well.

I wonder if you could add a food requirement during gameplay to up the difficulty.

say, perhaps they starve all the time so you'll need to heal them continuesly and thus have to be quick and have food production... as well as perhaps... not hireing everyone to save those you resque?

though that would defeat the purpose. still, it could be interesting to see if you could make it out before anyone starved.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 28, 2014, 10:50:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words smiley: smile

1. The main problem why I can't work on a proper mode for this is that the elevators only work for up to four heroes and having 5+ heroes breaks the elevator scenes between floors. The game gets stuck spawning multiple heroes when only allowed to spawn 4. You end up stuck at a black screen.

2. Auto-join of heroes may not be possible. Reducing their recruitment cost to 0 is though.

3. The pug character is a random chance when selecting random characters for the run. For this video, I deleted my profile and set my initial unlocked heroes to only Josh and Aryairi (the pug), to ensure I'd get her.

4. A starving mechanic I guess could be emulated by putting in a constant damage over time effect while disabling out of combat healing (similar to the infirmary pod).
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 29, 2014, 1:43:30 PM
Thanks for the information. Great i found him. it took me 8 restarts with 4 heros at the beginning smiley: biggrin

It looks like you can't unlock her the normal way.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 29, 2014, 2:26:20 PM
TheRaffy wrote:
Thanks for the information. Great i found him. it took me 8 restarts with 4 heros at the beginning smiley: biggrin

It looks like you can't unlock her the normal way.

The way the system works is that she is an initial unlock. You have her unlocked from the moment you instal the game, otherwise she couldn't show up in the random list. What they hae done to keep her secret is lock her out of the character selection screen.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment