Endless Space
Dungeon Of The Endless
Endless Legend
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jan 12, 2015, 2:42:45 AM
melkathi wrote:
Not Endless HighSchool Dreams - a JRPG Dating Sim with same sex Sophon romance?

What the ? I dont even ? Did I said something wrong?

Well that would be progressive.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 23, 2015, 6:14:11 PM
As much as I love 4X games most of them left me with a detached feeling from the heroes and civilizations. Endless Legend and Endless Space are pretty good at not doing this. But in my simple opinion Dungeon of the Endless has the perfect blend between mystery about the characters origins and character interaction with the world to endear me more to them and their (so freaking real) struggle. And the tension that I feel while opening one more door (or even deciding if I should open one more door) is something that elevates to an entire diferent experience.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 15, 2015, 8:36:09 AM
True,

DOTE is a favorite play a floor in 30 minutes game, Endless Legends is slower and more involved but very enjoyable. Worth the play time, especially when EL is on sale in Steam.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 27, 2015, 2:14:50 AM
Endless Legend is easily the best 4x game I've played since Masters of Orion 2. That's not a statement I make lightly at all.

As much as I like Endless Space (and I adore it) my nostolgia goggles won't allow me to view it in a better light than MoO2. But.. MoO2 is a legend for a reason, and Endless Space did set the standard.

It showed who Amplitude is, what they are capable of, introduced us to the roller coaster of awesome and hilarity that is the G2G, how they love what they do, and --most importantly-- how they appreciate us!

DoTE is great fun. >.> Especially for a tower defense game which isn't usually my cup of tea. The marriage of several different genres makes it pretty addictive. Like a tower-defense version of FtL. Instead of "One more jump" it's "One more door." that gets me killed. But. As great as it is, my heart is with turned based strategy and 4x.

Soooo... My vote is Endless Legend. But they are all solid titles with consistently amazing UI!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 24, 2015, 10:42:26 AM
Sovereign wrote:
"The next big Amplitude game (I hope it will be Endless Space 2) should combine "the strengths of both, the weaknesses of neither"

Does sound cool. Any news if Amplitude is working on another game yet?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 22, 2015, 4:42:59 AM
DOTE is by far my favorite, it just has so much character and charm. It's a really fresh take on the dungeon crawl experience, the characters are unique and interesting, the game play is very straightforward yet complex, and the sounds and visuals are very engaging. Endless Legend was my least favorite, thematically I think its stellar, the races are really interesting and I love learning more about Auriga and the endless universe, but it just felt too much like playing civ, I got bored with it really fast. I suspect all the games are intertwined no? The jettisoned escape pod in DOTE was fired from a craft in Endless Space onto the the planet that Endless Legend takes place on. Will they be adding more games into this universe?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 21, 2015, 9:15:18 AM
Poll needed 4th vote: "Can't decide / all equally for their individual strengths"
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2015, 5:17:10 PM
Lol i had never this saw this poll, should be in offtopic cuz I never look at this forum smiley: stickouttongue

Anyway, in my opinion, even if it needs alot of polishing at the moment, Endless Legend is probably the best game Amplitude ever made and will be the best 4X for long !
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 20, 2015, 5:05:03 PM
I find the results of this poll rather interesting given the graphics of DOTE are admittedly the lowest of the 3, as well as the story line and such. (Although I do wonder if the poll would be the same were it asked in the other two games forum areas?)

Yet it ranks as the best of the three, speaking highly of it's pick up and play appeal and re-playability.

I own all three, but have yet to really get into Endless Legends, and unless it really amazes me I'm pretty sure DOTE will remain my favorite of the three, not just for it's over all fun, but the ease with which you can play a floor in 30 mins or so when you have a spare bit of time and still make notable progress, and then pick up where you left off a few days later without needing to remember all of your big picture strategies and research plans etc...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 13, 2015, 7:04:30 PM
I think that Endless Space is a valiant efforst which is part of a renaissance of space-themed games in general. Space 4X/RTS/RT4X/FPS/SIM is in a very prolific stage right now.

It is the first game of Amplitude Studios though, and the lack of experience reflects in the game's relative flatness. I still like it though, and never regretted spending money on it.

DotE Is a step in a relatively different direction, but still keep the intercrossed/overlaying mechanics providing player choice, and improves upon it.

Endless Legend is sitting in my disk waiting for me to kick its tires, but it has received high praise and was even compared positively to the Civilization series, which is no small feat.

I wouldn't mind to have a premium-priced DLC to deeply rework Endless Space, (i.e. release ES2 as a DLC to ES instead) but I wouldn't mind if they release a standalone game instead for the next iteration.

Currently my most-played game is Warframe though, which is a F2P third-person shooter.

When I look at Dungeon of the Endless, I can't avoid to imagine how cool it would be to play a real-time combat game with mechanics treading a crossroads between the Arkham Series, Smash Bros and Warframe, with a grand strategy backdrop.

Tenets of the game:

F2P needs a monetization model, and it must be Pay4Time, never Pay2Win.

Players use premium currency for extra-large inventories, cosmetics, and to purchase precrafted items. In-action loadouts have a fixed size, limiting the number of weapons and equipment, leaving no actual advantage. Players can take teh long road to farm ingredients and craft weapons/gear if they want to, for free, or purchase them with premium currency. There would be no currency wall for premium gear though, everything would be craftable, unless it's a time-limited item bound to an event.

Players should have a meaningful way to make premium currency to exchange hands in-game, like setting up shop/auction-house (think steam auction sales). Premium currency would be only minted by Amplitude, so it doesn't matter who spends it. It makes for a more vibrant community, so player trading is a must-have.

Combat should have graceful mechanics to make melee a first-order combat mechanics and provide meaningful enemy AI and Smash Bros/Sreet Fighter mano-a-mano style combat, but also expand towards multi-enemy combat, and engrossing boss battles.

Players would be able to choose between several mission types to make ends meet according to the faction they are fighting for.

Players would earn reputationto unlock higher tier gear and special rewards.

There would be time-limited events in-game which could even influence the landscape after the event ends.

That's a game I would like to see from Amplitude Studios.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 12, 2015, 5:14:32 AM
It's a trick. The more ideas like that I post, the happier people will be with whatever Amplitude is really working on smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 5:23:45 PM
If you have all three of the Endless games. Which is your favorite and why?

Mine is defiantly Dungeon Of The Endless. Followed by Endless Legend and Endless Space.

DOTE reminds me of the ol' NES 8bit games with todays twist. Quick strategic decisions and laughable conversation moments in the elevator with the characters.

Then when I want to relax, Endless Legend is a great game to take your time and think things over.

Thanks for reading and responding.

Raz
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 11, 2015, 8:07:42 PM
Sovereign wrote:

The next big Amplitude game (I hope it will be Endless Space 2) should combine "the strengths of both, the weaknesses of neither"

Not Endless HighSchool Dreams - a JRPG Dating Sim with same sex Sophon romance?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 11, 2015, 6:11:40 PM
I voted Endless Space cause no game ever made me spending so much time playing it...1750 hours...no game no Skyrim, no Dota , no Total War or Civ game made me ever so addicted.

But

Sadly some things were disimproved with Disharmony or never properly implemented (I for intance never see the AI using Fighters or Bombers which makes them game breaking if u use them against the AI), the removal of most of the weapon tiers and the new defense formula throwed over alot of the balance which was achieved before just some examples. Of course there are mods to improve the AI but a mod is a mod nothing more nothing less.

I think Endless Lengend could still learn something from ES (where i like the GUI more) but a Endless Space 2 should definitely learn as lot as it can from Endless Legend.

The next big Amplitude game (I hope it will be Endless Space 2) should combine "the strengths of both, the weaknesses of neither"
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 11, 2015, 5:52:13 PM
Endless space 2 has already been released if you compare its actual version to the one when the game was released in July 2012.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 11, 2015, 1:23:48 AM
Endless Space was my first game from Amplitude. I do like it but didn't hold me to keep playing like DoTE. I'll jump back into ES from time to time with the hopes of some day of ES2.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 10, 2015, 12:14:41 PM
I think you are right on some points Seek. But these three games reprensent different types of game, so an absolute comparison is not totally relevant.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 9, 2015, 5:55:45 AM
DotE for me, much to my chagrin, since I was so looking forward to EL. I've owned DotE for about a week - got it on steam sale, don't know why I didn't get it earlier - and it's got me hooked like I wished EL had (and I'm much more a 4x fan than rogue-like or tower defense), I'm getting close to surpassing my hours with EL already! I think EL's issue is that it is too reliant on drastically different factions (which only a few are really compelling imo) than good overall design, which makes for an exciting first foray into the game but eventually replayability becomes an issue. The different heroes in DotE give a slightly different feel to each run without changing the overall experience, which is great, I think. This subtlety is nice, and imo EL doesn't work in this respect because the factions are so different the core game has not been developed enough and doesn't fulfill my wants in a 4x.

Many of the issues that a lot of folks were concerned about have persisted in EL from the initial release on alpha to present*, so I was a bit fed up with the "G2G"/"help design the game" aspect. So maybe it's just that DotE was in a more polished state when I first encountered it, maybe it's that I am more knowledgeable/critical of 4x design, maybe it's just that DotE has a simpler premise/game design, or some combination of all three that I am more content with it.

I was initially intrigued by ES but it never really held my imagination, seemed too flat (and yes, I've played it after all expansions/addons).

*The combat system doesn't quite cut it (ironically better in the beta than release imo), the region system doesn't quite work, the free-choice tech tree lacks strong strategic decision-making qualities, the irrelevance of terrain (especially anomalies and their lack of involvement), visually cluttered map (terrain isn't intuitive), luxuries that require activation are bothersome, the game mechanics are front-loaded (the player is beset with an onslaught of things to deal with in the beginning and then nothing really changes to reflect advancement through the eras), etc.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 8, 2015, 10:32:53 PM
To me Endless Space is the best game. I bought Endless Legend 2 weeks ago, it is good but I think some aspects of the game should be enhanced. But maybe it's because I'm more fascinated by the futuristic aspect of Endless Space ^^
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 8, 2015, 7:28:39 PM
Your are right about the biased, my favorite is DoTE with ES a close second. But this is a cool topic for us Endless fans, regardless smiley: sarcastic
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 8, 2015, 9:53:34 AM
Seeing how this is in the DotE subforum, I would expect the result to possibly be biased smiley: wink

I can't decide whether to pick DotE (the game I do play) or ES (the game I sometimes feel I should be playing :P)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 6:39:43 PM
I love endless legend because of how deep the game is and also because its kinda the first game to get me addicted to 4x (notably because of the multiple races, which helps keeping the game fresh IMO).

DOTE I really like because it's a not-so frequent spin on the rogue-like formula of the last few years, which was more focused on agility and patterns and not so much on management and strategy.

I don't own Endless space but I add a few occasion to play with some friends and I like it, but it feels a bit less friendly than endless Legend (mostly the interface).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment