Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Bio-Organic Transference - How exactly is the healing calculated?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Mar 22, 2015, 3:52:40 PM
Bio-orgo modules are supposed to give more healing for killing more powerful monsters, up to a maximum. How exactly is this healing calculated?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 23, 2015, 9:04:33 AM
Hi,

At level 1, you receive 100 HP per mob killed in the room per Bio module, split between the heroes in the room.

For example in a room with 4 heroes and 2 Bio modules, each kill gives everyone (100 x 2) / 4 = 50 HP.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 23, 2015, 11:14:43 AM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

At level 1, you receive 100 HP per mob killed in the room per Bio module, split between the heroes in the room.

For example in a room with 4 heroes and 2 Bio modules, each kill gives everyone (100 x 2) / 4 = 50 HP.

Thanks, but this isn't what I meant actually.

I mean, nowhere is there any mention of how the game calculates amount healed based on monster power. That part of the description is quite vague. What I would like to know is whether there is such a formula, or where I could find it in the game files.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 23, 2015, 12:35:43 PM
You'd have to check the module xml files most likely to check that.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 4:02:34 AM
Okay, I just did that.

I got this: < SimulationModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="HPByKill" Operation="Addition" Value="100" />

Where might I find how the HPBYKill property works?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 10:05:20 AM
Hi,

I'm sorry, I forgot we added a coefficient in the final version!

We multiply HPByKill by the property DustLootProbability, which is between 0.1 and 1 (find the value for each monster in Simulation/SimulationDescriptors_Mob.xml).

For example, killing a Red Flying Necro gives 0.6 x 100 = 60 HP and killing an Elite Bulldozer Silic gives 1 x 100 = 100 HP.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 10:57:00 AM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

I'm sorry, I forgot we added a coefficient in the final version!

We multiply HPByKill by the property DustLootProbability, which is between 0.1 and 1 (find the value for each monster in Simulation/SimulationDescriptors_Mob.xml).

For example, killing a Red Flying Necro gives 0.6 x 100 = 60 HP and killing an Elite Bulldozer Silic gives 1 x 100 = 100 HP.

Does it mean that hero skills increasing DustLootProbability form monsters also increase efficiency of Bio-Organic Transference? By the way, focusing on science and simultaneous use of Cooking on Gas and Dust Drainer (this combo gives you tons of Dust and probably is OP) is a sure way to turn the Easy game difficulty level into Very Easy.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 11:42:18 AM
Oh, cool, thanks for the reply Mysterarts.

In a similar vein as Vicarious's question, does the formula use the initial DustLootProbability in the Mob.xml file, or does it use an altered DustLootProbability that factors in variables such as floor number and hero skills?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 1:25:46 PM
It uses the current (= altered) DustLootProbability, so yes to your question Vicarious.

I must admit that is not very logical, but this is cool information to find good combos ^^
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 1:40:39 PM
So Golgy with her good pickpocket has the best health regen... I knew there was a reason she was my favourite character!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 24, 2015, 2:16:38 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
It uses the current (= altered) DustLootProbability, so yes to your question Vicarious.

I must admit that is not very logical, but this is cool information to find good combos ^^

This is huge. Thanks.

Edit: another question, then: how do the operations "multiplication" and "percent" work to alter the DustLootProbability?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 25, 2015, 10:24:25 AM
Hi,

Here are the operation priorities:

Base Value

+ Addition / Subtraction

x Multiplication / Division

x (1 + Percent)

For example:

[CODE]

< SimulationModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="DustLootProbability" Operation="Addition" Value="0.5" />

< SimulationModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="DustLootProbability" Operation="Percent" Value="0.3" />

< SimulationModifierDescriptor TargetProperty="DustLootProbability" Operation="Multiplication" Value="2" />[/CODE]

DustLootProbability = ((1 + 0.5) x 2) x (1 + 0.3) = 3.9
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 25, 2015, 12:28:47 PM
Oh, cool.

What happens if the final DustLootProbability exceeds 1? Is that value used to calculate healing from bio-orgo modules as well? I'm guessing the chance to drop dust is hard-capped at 100% though, no dropping more than 1 dust a kill...right?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 25, 2015, 1:21:44 PM
The value can exceed 1 and is used from bio-orgo modules without cap. And yes, this is just the probability (1.2 = 100%), not the amount of Dust (which is DustLootAmount).
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 12, 2021, 2:08:26 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
The value can exceed 1 and is used from bio-orgo modules without cap. And yes, this is just the probability (1.2 = 100%), not the amount of Dust (which is DustLootAmount).

Very late reply, sorry about that, but this comment leaves me a bit confused. I thought that your dust loot probability is multipled by the chance of looting dust from individual monsters. If that's the case, I don't see why your dust loot probability is at a cap of 100%. You did say it doesn't have a cap, but "(1.2 = 100%)" seems to say otherwise. Probably just misunderstanding this completely, I'd like for someone to cure my confusion.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment