Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

GNU/Linux release date?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 17, 2015, 12:12:12 PM
I think that we are all waiting. Nevertheless, today, DoE is working fine with Wine, but I was not able to succeed in launching Endless Legend.

If those both games could be launched in the coming months it would be a pleasure for the whole Linux Community I think !
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 18, 2015, 9:39:11 PM
Gweltas wrote:
I think that we are all waiting. Nevertheless, today, DoE is working fine with Wine, but I was not able to succeed in launching Endless Legend.

If those both games could be launched in the coming months it would be a pleasure for the whole Linux Community I think !

agreed. DoTE works great under Wine; why bother with a native Linux port? On the other hand, getting EL working on Wine/Linux is something I'd really like to see happen.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 22, 2015, 8:57:30 PM
doiron wrote:
agreed. DoTE works great under Wine; why bother with a native Linux port? On the other hand, getting EL working on Wine/Linux is something I'd really like to see happen.

But in that case I would need to install the entire Steam (the version not for GNU) under Wine? Isn't that a lot of hdd space?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 23, 2015, 4:03:23 AM
Teodosio wrote:
But in that case I would need to install the entire Steam (the version not for GNU) under Wine? Isn't that a lot of hdd space?

DotE takes about 900 megs, the rest of the install takes about 800 (even split between steam and general wine files), for 1.7 GiB total...which is hardly a huge amount in this day and age.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 20, 2015, 6:34:34 PM
Because playing in wine , is like playing in an emulator. Only good when there is no other options.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 16, 2015, 5:25:36 PM
doiron wrote:

It doesn't work perfectly. Certain features don't work such as Steam achievements.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 16, 2015, 5:52:54 PM
Hah! So, I thought, why not fire up DotE on WINE... and it crashes. Sweet. This is why us Linux users (or lusers, if you like) would prefer a native version. Top banana!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment