Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Will you Implement a pause for the multiplayer?

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Apr 17, 2015, 7:14:43 AM
Hello Devs,

thank you very much for this game. I really enjoy it very much. The single player mode is working terrifically.

A friend and I are very happy about the Multiplayer Update. We will try it out this afternoon smiley: smile.

Why did you not include a pause in the Multiplayer mode / is that planned?

In the single player mode you can pause the game and check the whole map to get more information about where you should fortify your defense. In multiplayer its more or less shouting and wild clicking on heal to avoid losing heroes (altough i havent tried the last update)

I personally would favor the possibility of pausing to discuss strategy and check the map.

Sincerely,

Tracc
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 17, 2015, 8:10:04 AM
I didn't hear any plans that they would. Personally I'd prefer that it doesn't. You can't pause, but there's certainly plenty of downtime where you can discuss with your team ahead of time on what to do. It's just more fun to frantically shout/type at your teammates especially if you're controlling only one char. I'd rather they didn't put pause in, and focused their efforts elsewhere.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 17, 2015, 9:05:59 AM
Hi,

Indeed, there is no plan to add pausing in multiplayer mode: you control less heroes and the game is focused on a more dynamic experience.

As EndlessRunner said, you have to be prepared (for the worst) during the strategic phase ^^

And it should be very annoying to have the game paused for everybody every time a player hits the pause (think about 4 player games!).
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 17, 2015, 4:09:37 PM
The bestiary is really nice. It would be perfect with some explanations of the UI and gameplay specialties of the more complicated factions, though. Especially the "buy population
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 18, 2015, 7:13:24 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

Indeed, there is no plan to add pausing in multiplayer mode: you control less heroes and the game is focused on a more dynamic experience.

As EndlessRunner said, you have to be prepared (for the worst) during the strategic phase ^^

And it should be very annoying to have the game paused for everybody every time a player hits the pause (think about 4 player games!).

Agreed. I've been in multiplayer game, where a pause feature was added. It's no fun, when a player Pauses every 5 second to check his gear or items or something. Make the game last MUCH longer then it needs to be.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 18, 2015, 9:55:00 PM
That makes sense of course. I only play with one friend and we skype. We sometimes have to split our heroes thin and lose them because we couldnt react fst enough of healed too few times. Some mobs just wreck our sad heroes faces.

BTW: Who will unlock a hero? is it the player that bought it, or is it the player that controls it for 3 consecutive floors / at the time of the exit.

As for the Multiplayer mode: I like the shared research a lot.

I have noticed that mechanical Pal sometimes doesnt give you any bonus (i.e If you produce 9 Industry with your modules every player will get 5. When you add a mech. pal you still get 5 each) The pals seem to be hardly worth it, except for operating dust creators.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 19, 2015, 10:58:43 AM
From experience, games having a pause in MP also caused a few issues after a while. Not sure what game for instance, but it would always suffer from de-sync issues.A pause lasted too long, a computer couldn't keep up with unpausing at the same time as the person on the other end is, etc. There would be a need of a proper compromise to prevent issues and it being overused in order for it to run properly without hindering flawless play.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 19, 2015, 9:15:10 PM
I like the fact that having no pause makes you actually stop and talk with your friends before you open the next door. "No wait don't open it yet, I have to make a new factory/ research a new technology/operate this machine" "Let me shop at the trader first!"

The yelling when overwhelmed by monsters and telling eachother to fallback to the tunnels of weapons you prepared or moving away from a room is like 50% of the fun.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment