Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Which technology do you consider the most usefull and how would you rank them?

Food Upgrade
Industry Upgrade
Science Upgrade
Prisoner Prod
Tesla Tower
Claymore Mine
HUD
LAN
Attack
Defense
Heal
Tear-Gas
Monster-Slow
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Apr 17, 2014, 9:45:51 PM
Industry , Food but also weapons first Prisoner Prod and claymore but in my last 2 round i realised that the tesla towers in lvl3 and 3-5 peace best 4-5 in 1 room are realy powerfull almost overpowered
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 30, 2015, 5:42:07 PM
It`s too situational. I`d say industry upgrade until you are at about 250 industry at least; then food etc.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 27, 2015, 10:13:55 PM
melkathi wrote:
This poll is over a year old. A lot has changed. Indeed, there now is a reason to build science modules. Back then they were a waste of space smiley: smile

Oh, okay. Sorry, I forgot to factor in time and the huge amount of changes that must have happened :P Thanks for being nice about it
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 27, 2015, 6:17:46 AM
PeterLG wrote:
First of all, I have to say food modules, then industry modules.

Science modules are actually quite helpful. Otherwise it's surprisingly easy to run out of science fast.

This poll is over a year old. A lot has changed. Indeed, there now is a reason to build science modules. Back then they were a waste of space smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 25, 2015, 10:09:29 PM
First of all, I have to say food modules, then industry modules.

melkathi wrote:
I'd never upgrade a science module. I never build any science modules, so why upgrade them smiley: wink

Science modules are actually quite helpful. Otherwise it's surprisingly easy to run out of science fast.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 5:15:15 PM
I voted food upgrade, but my fav is actually all FIDS upgrades.

I don't have a second fav. as of yet because I am still newbie at the game, might be prisoner prod or tesla.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 1, 2014, 1:11:01 AM
I find I tend to focus food first. I begin to add industry and attack modules after I build food up enough.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 30, 2014, 7:22:08 PM
if u can tech gatling in the 1st lvl, u are in a very good position imo.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 30, 2014, 5:42:12 PM
It depends but mostly I'd say claymore mine or prisoner prod. First for the damage the second one for how cheap it is ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 29, 2014, 2:00:20 PM
Neurostun Modules: they are a "make it easy" for any run to the elevator. 1 Neurostun module in all rooms along and branching the elevator path costs a fair bit of industry - but in exchange you see no mobs as you move your party from start to elevator.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 24, 2014, 1:19:09 AM
I favor a heavy industry focus, followed up by a couple of floors where I do mostly food. After that, it's back to industry!
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2014, 9:10:48 AM
For me it is:

1. Food Upgrade - Food is so universally usefull, that having better food-modules seems the best tech out there

2. Claymore Mine - AoE-Damage FTW!

3. Prisoner-Prod Upgrade - Improving the cheap-tower you start with can always come in handy

4. Industry Upgrade - Better Industry is nice to have but already doesn't really feel needed

5. TESLA Module - Good affordable tower, but only really usefull if Claymore is not available

6. Hero-Defense-Module - Here I'd already start to say it's a meh-module but it's the best of the meh's

7. Hud-Module - Actually a nice module but is it really worth a major-slot?

8. Healing-Module - The health-gain is barely noticable

9. Science-Upgrade - If you have your core-techs science is not usefull enough to actually bother

10. Hero-Attack-Module - would be good if you could always have all heros in one place but that's rare in big levels with 3 branches from the crystal

11. Tear-Gas - with the highest defense of mobs being as low as 28, there is little use for this. Maybe with some higher armor-mobs.

12. Monster-Slow-Module - would be more usefull if it would also work in unpowered rooms but the way it is it depends too much on room size, also useless if hero is present

13. LAN-Module - with current monster AI and it's extreme cost I see absolutely no point in wasting a major-slot for that
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 26, 2014, 5:13:38 PM
It has to be food for me, without a half way decent supply of that I don't appear to be able to get anywhere! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2014, 9:34:00 PM
Claymore. This one is too much powerful. The last patch decrease it, but despise that, with the new difficulty (the purple monster is now a nightmare for minor modules), I found the Claymore was even more useful than before.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 13, 2014, 6:26:07 PM
Attack is far and away the best module. Get them to rank 3+ and you can hold almost any choke pretty easily with half decent heros. I don't understand why you would need them to affect more than just the heroes in the room they're in to be worth it. They're not that expensive and the bonus is huge. If they worked no matter where you were it would be ludicrously overpowered to drop them everywhere.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2014, 12:29:57 PM
I'd never upgrade a science module. I never build any science modules, so why upgrade them smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2014, 10:54:31 AM
Hud if I can get it. It completely replaces any suppressive fire modules allowing more Dust Field or Autodoc Crystals in your choke points. It can also be boosted by a weaker hero who doesn't do well in combat. Even with 7 wit, the level 1 bonus goes from 18% to 40%

Food is a good one, but falls short of this due to the fact that it's often easier and more effective just to man your modules than upgrade them. Seriously, for 137 science you only double your resource levels in one area. Upgrading any FIDS generator is kinda weak right now.

LAN is also nice. If you have a choke point with a major module, a LAN can save you many resources on rebuilding should you decide to use the major. If you have beachheads to weaken incoming forces to your choke, a LAN can help them hold out long enough against the zombies to finish them off. If I could choose 2 options, LAN would be my second.

Prisoner pods I'm not fond of. Sure they are less than half the price of a tesla, but the low damage is easily ignored by mobs. Why not just arm your heroes with feather dusters?

Dust Fields can be stacked for immense armor boosting. Gort in a Arrrr Suit with 4 Mk 4 dust fields will have 300ish armor. This makes him able to take punishment you've never imagined, and when he's level 8 he'll really let loose.

Autodoc shards can also be stacked, and furthermore they can be stacked with Dust Fields. This greatly improves their healing ability. Same situation as before with Gort and he'll never die, even with 50 mobs in the same room. I've done it, I know.

Suppressive fire you should replace with HUD as soon as you get it. This allows you to be even more flexible with your layouts.

Mortars and Tesla coils are both very useful. Place mortars out in beach heads and tesla coils in the next room. The mortars get to enjoy a target rich environment, while the tesla coils quickly pick off any weakened targets that make it through. 3 Tesla coils also cost less than 2 mortars, so you're saving on resoures for an undefended choke point. Just remember to repair it every wave. I hope you have a LAN too.

Tear Gas is only really useful if you have to use prisoner pods. That's the only way to really overcome late game armor with prisoner pods. If the game has trolled you and left you without mortars or tesla coils, then grab this, otherwise pass.

Neurostun Modules are very useful on mortar beacheads to slow the progress of enemies passing through as well as bunching them up. 3 mortars and a neuro stun kill almost all targets passing through where 4 mortars would not. Very useful if you are looking at unmanned defenses.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment