Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Aaahhh man.....

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
May 18, 2015, 7:26:40 AM
I just found out that you can power a room on without building something......and also that I can turn the power off in a room so that I can power another room.

Took me a year to learn that.... feel a bit stupid...smiley: frown
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 18, 2015, 7:52:04 AM
If you didn't know, you can also use power generators to light up rooms for industry.

Look at the bright side, it probably made you better at managing your rooms smiley: stickouttongue.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 18, 2015, 8:01:34 AM
Zoeper wrote:
and also that I can turn the power off in a room so that I can power another room

Look on the bright side, you're prepared better than most of us for the new module, where you really cannot do that smiley: cool
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 18, 2015, 10:19:03 AM
It was a real eye opener. But I can see the advantage that I have now. The game became 10 times easier for me now. \(^_^)/

Cant wait for the new module. It seems that it was made for me hehe.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 19, 2015, 6:46:54 AM
Mouse scroll wheel click ftw smiley: wink

Glad to hear that you still enjoy it a year later!
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 19, 2015, 8:29:47 AM
Slowhands, 1 year? there are games to enjoy for multiple years! DotE is 1 of them. I just wish you make more expansions to it ..
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 20, 2015, 8:36:13 AM
Chaotic_Evil wrote:
...I just wish you make more expansions to it ..

Hmmm... what an interesting thought...
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 20, 2015, 11:57:41 AM
Slowhands, i can explain ..

you know .. there is 1 very important aspect of the game which is very hard for the DEV to achieve in a game.

I cant exactly define it in 1 word.

Its a combo of an ENGINE + GAMEPLAY + ART + SOUND ATMOSPHERE .. you know .. i cant exactly explain why the game is a MASTERPIECE .. so like everything works here. I cant explain how the game bacame masterpiece, so DEVS cant know for sure if the game will become MASTERPIECE .. its like hard work+all above+some luck .. there are very few games like that.

So if you try making another game of that quality you will hardly manage that. Not because you are bad its just because the game is too great. You know? its like a musician who can make a very few best hits in a lifetime. It just works this way in our life.

But as the game is already created, let the fans chance to enjoy it more with more content. I am sure i am not the only 1 thinking its the best game of the genre and definitely unique and best mix of all genres which the game use.

I just want to tell you my dream ..

For some time you do 3 (at least) MAJOR expansions of the game adding new enviroments, new elements, total new stuff. More unlockables, more EVERYTHING ... I an paying any price for the expansion without thinking . Then you can sometimes make small addons with no new key elements but with more stuff which is fairly easy to add. Asking some small money to cover expenses + some profit.

Then you will keep your fans with you who are gonna buy your other games just because they are your fans. (like myself)

As i started this, let me tell you what i really want to see in a game. Why not to make another unlockable stuff like another album or unlockable tokens which are very rare drop from rare monsters. More heroes interactions. You can make challenges. Working like an achievement but addind medals to hero profile in a game. Like for beating certain achievement hero will have medal on her avatar. Not sure about the details but I want heroes to bacome more RPG like and more personal .. also there may be team challenges like beating smth with certain group (not good idea though, but i want you to understand the directions of my thoughts)

more secret endings and unique pictures which are only unlocked after beating the game with certain group .. and as i already mentioned more elevator dialogs. You spend so much time adding texts in EL, but very few dialogs here which is more interesting. You can even ask community about this stuff. I am sure we will help. I want every beating be more rewarding and unique which is very easy to make adding dialogs and art. I will never forget to mention the art of the game .. I wish to know WHO did all drawings here .. its fantastic work .. playing computer games all my life I can hardly remember enjoying drawings in the game that much (baldursgate may be only, and desktop dungeons - another roguelike which i beat 100%)

Also i can suggest not spending too much time on MP here. Its a game of art and atmosphere .. MP works poorly here and not needed.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 20, 2015, 12:37:37 PM
Chaotic_Evil wrote:
Also i can suggest not spending too much time on MP here. Its a game of art and atmosphere .. MP works poorly here and not needed.

Multiplayer is definitely needed in this game. A lot of people such as myself want to mostly just play multiplayer, and the removal/abandonment of it would just ruin the game for me... It's a great way to spend time with friends and learn different tactics from each other in pubs.

Also, it's mainly a game of strategy. Two to four minds are better than one.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 20, 2015, 12:57:55 PM
PeterLG, MP is already here .. but its still more single player game. For minds make this game more difficult and impossible to play without microphone and friends. What about game with complete strangers? they all have different skills and minds. All kids noobs want to lead cluessly, all run in different directions and we wipe ..

you already have your MP .. no more time needed to spend for this ..
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 21, 2015, 11:37:25 AM
Chaotic_Evil wrote:
PeterLG, MP is already here .. but its still more single player game. For minds make this game more difficult and impossible to play without microphone and friends. What about game with complete strangers? they all have different skills and minds. All kids noobs want to lead cluessly, all run in different directions and we wipe ..

you already have your MP .. no more time needed to spend for this ..

"All kids noobs want to lead cluessly" This is just not true at all. A lot of the people I've met in pubs want to learn and play the right way. If you don't like it then don't play with strangers...

If you do have friends it's very fun to play with them.

I know the game already has MP but abandoning it is a huge mistake.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 21, 2015, 3:37:29 PM
I just meant to leave it as it is, but spending more resourses for other improvements, since for MP lovers its just another cool game, but for fans like me its much more important ... those ppl usually play single for atmosphere ..

You like MP? Good for you, you have you MP! Have fun, you are luckysmiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 24, 2015, 10:29:17 PM
I for one like both singleplayer and multiplayer. Sure, in SP you have one kind of atmosphere, and you can progress at your own pace.

But the atmosphere the game builds up and nurtures is also great for MP games. I only tried MP today, had a couple of short and failed games, but then there was one game that went on for like 2 or 3 hours and it was incredibly fun. The whole group was funny, everyone learned new stuff and the different ingame characters and players made up some great dynamic gameplay which SP just can't achieve, and that created a whole new kind of atmosphere. I think they're both equally important.

As for the main topic, I can hardly imagine playing a year without that feature, but yeah, you're perfectly prepared for what's coming smiley: wink
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jun 2, 2015, 6:12:19 PM
Slowhands wrote:
Mouse scroll wheel click ftw smiley: wink

Glad to hear that you still enjoy it a year later!

I have been playing on and off since the early acces but I still enjoy the game. The game changed some much since the beginning and so many cool things have been added.

And now with my new knowledge I was finally able to finish the game for the first time \(^_^)/ and a second time with new module.

(btw, I also now learned that you can select all heroes with Q)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment