Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Dungeon of the Endless App? (iOS/Android)

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Aug 20, 2015, 3:13:36 PM
picric wrote:
i would buy it again on android too, any plans ?

Picric I believe it was released today for iOS. Go check the store!
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 8, 2015, 9:36:24 PM
Well, I run an iPad 2, and I've had one crash so far that required a level restart. I do get occasional slowdowns, so I save at that point and reboot. There does appear to be a memory leak.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 7, 2015, 9:11:45 AM
Hi,

We're starting to be comfortable with Unity for PC and the tools we use or develop for that, but contrary to what you think, there are so many differences with other platforms!

We're a small team: porting the game to the iPad and Xbox One takes a lot of resources. And one of the most time-consuming tasks (you can't even imagine) is QA (Quality Assurance).

By focusing on the iPad (and there is no Apple's money involved ^^), we had less than 10 devices to test... still, it was very complex.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 4, 2015, 9:19:40 PM
Why Amplitude made a tablet version and didn't even consider Android is beyond me. That iOS gets Dungeon of the Endless first because there is a lesser variety of mobile devices ok, but Android has the most able tablets of all (nVidia Shield, Nexus 9, ...) and a greater userbase, so why the exclusivity? Apple gives money to exclusives iirc, is that the reason you're shunning Android?

In any case despite enjoying all your games I'm disappointed once again in you Amplitude, you've been mastering Unity for years and could never allocate the small amount of time needed to port them to Android and Linux?.. smiley: sad
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 25, 2015, 10:48:30 AM
Steph'nie wrote:
The Android version isn't planned but we might consider it! smiley: smile

Out of curiosity, why is the port still not considered yet? Because of technical reasons or piracy?

I would definitely buy it on my Xperia tablet if it would be released on Android.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 20, 2015, 3:33:10 PM
I picked up a copy and it works well on my iPAD2. One thing I am not sure of though, how do you power a room. I can build modules, but I don't see how to power a room and not build a module in it.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 20, 2015, 3:23:41 PM
picric wrote:
i would buy it again on android too, any plans ?

The Android version isn't planned but we might consider it! smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 30, 2014, 7:04:42 PM
Hello guys,

did actually one of the developers tought about an iOS or Android Port of DotE ?

i think this would be awesome to be able to play it everywhere and everywhen, you don´t think so?

Are there any Plans ongoing about that for maybe a future Port ?

Greetings Eleneas.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 19, 2014, 8:44:14 PM
I didn't see this when I posted my WII U port request but I would buy it on android also, I own six separate copies of minecraft, sadly would be seven but never made it to the wii u. (1 copy per kids cell phone ;p + consoles)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 16, 2014, 3:25:46 AM
when xcom came out on iphone i thought it would be impossible to pull that off on such a small screen. other than some the text not being enlarged to make it easier to read, the experience worked well. it was the same experience as on the PC, but they also went through the trouble of designing the controls to work with a touch screen. this game seems like a perfect fit, and so far the devs have shown themselves to be thoughtful about how the design games.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 15, 2014, 11:51:45 PM
I feel a bit silly for asking, but wouldn't that take up too much space?

well, if it worked I think it would be a good game for such devices, but I wouldn't play it there myself - I lack the required devices.

Well, that and the will to play on such a small screen.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 15, 2014, 3:50:04 PM
>This game would be amazing on a tablet.

>YEA that whould be REALY COOL to play DotE on my android device in the metro

+1
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 31, 2014, 10:42:14 AM
YEA that whould be REALY COOL to play DotE on my android device in the metro smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment