Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Vote] Visual for Rosetta

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Mar 9, 2015, 10:40:53 AM
I didn't find a thread to talk aboute the current G2G Vote for the design of Rosetta.

I don't like the visual of the one who's winning for now.

Too classical for me. A "first" contact robot is not necessary a humanoid robot. I prefer the second one, which apperance is more "neutral" and can interact more easily with "non-humanoid" species. (IMHO).

What do you think of the designs ?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 9, 2015, 3:42:48 PM
I'm not sure this thread is in good taste, as it might not be fair to those who won.

However, I can't resist a potentially interesting discussion >.>

I found Skorcha and Luna's designs endearing and the most appropriate for the concept of Rosetta.

They captioned the snobbish personality in ways that many other concepts did not take into account while still maintaining the integrity of that protocol-droid-like role.

But, I feel the concepts that won ignore that, and instead channel the more of the sillyness of DotE. (Lulz are a big part of DotE after all!)

Surprised that neither of them made it into the voting bracket! And, to be honest, just a touch disappointed.

My own design was my just for funzies, and over all too warlike.

It was my thinly veiled attempt to tying Rosetta to the Titans and sticking my finger in the lore >.>

I wouldn't have voted for me either, but it was a good (if stressful) practice in overcoming my anxiety and doing something productive!

Be that as it may, I don't wish to cheapen the victory for those who did win; their concepts aren't too shabby either.

The creator of Rosetta commented that more Victorian looking robot fit the image in their head--and coincidentally, it's in the lead.

Though, of the three, I prefer Laila's for it's design---though I feel Cesterwo's fits the idea just a little better.

(It's the only one of the three that has a snobby aura about it.)

Art is largely preference and interpretation. So none of us can definitely say that there is a right or wrong conclusion.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 11, 2015, 9:36:20 AM
I actually like the one in the middle most, even though I like mine a lot.

(in fact, it was the one that inspired me to do my weebo-like one smiley: biggrin)

And I don't want to be mean, but I don't like the one by cesterwo at all -.-

There are quite a lot of human chars in the game, and even though I've drawn a humanoid robot too, I think this one simply looks too human, for the only visible difference is its head. Everythin else is covered by clothes and could as well be human... And I guess, I'm just not the soldier-liking-type for I don't think they've ever done a great job '>.>

(It's the only one of the three that has a snobby aura about it.)

I do agree that my robot doesn't look snobby at all ^^

But I don't think that's a problem (for any of those three), 'cause most of the snootiness can be achieved quite simple by the dialogues, anyway.

Btw.:

Does anyone know, when the voting ends?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 11, 2015, 9:45:06 AM
Laila wrote:
Does anyone know, when the voting ends?

Most likely next week. smiley: smile I'm delighted to see that the three choices can all make it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 11, 2015, 10:37:32 AM
Laila wrote:
I actually like the one in the middle most, even though I like mine a lot.

And I don't want to be mean, but I don't like the one by cesterwo at all -.-

There are quite a lot of human chars in the game, and even though I've drawn a humanoid robot too, I think this one simply looks too human, for the only visible difference is its head. Everythin else is covered by clothes and could as well be human... And I guess, I'm just not the soldier-liking-type for I don't think they've ever done a great job '>.>

I totally agree with that !
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment