Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Suggestion: mini-map

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 12, 2013, 8:20:29 AM
Hey folks just picked up the founders pack and jumped into the alpha to check out things. Only made 3 dungeons so far, lost all 3 got to level 2 once.

On my last dungeon which I survived the longest I managed to open quiet a few foors befor I got overwhelmed or maybe I didnt....lemme explain.

....the map has become quiet large forcing me to run back to my defender room for long distances and also scrolling a LOT. Now I have this little thing with Amplitude games whenever I switch to another application (for example forums) and check out stuff. The result is that the camera zooms out and wanders offscreen by the time I get back to the game. In Endless Space thats not much of a problem as zooming is done in a sec and the map has "borders" you cannot pass.

Dungeon of the Endless seems to miss these borders. I returned to a black screen with only my resources showing and an arrow pointing to the exit. Trying to get back to my overview I noticed that the exit symbol was moving ever so slowly but as I have no meaning to "jump" to my desired point of interest I had to keep the slow cursor-scrolling which I eventually gave up after 5 minutes of blackness.

1. I could think of either a mini-map which would probably also give away the maximum size of the map (if thats something the devs are worried about)

2. or put hotkeys into the game which "flip" through rooms or possibly jump right back to "base" (which would be the crystal room, handy if you are far off and your crystal gets attacked)
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 12, 2013, 9:11:45 AM
Hello,

We plan to add a tactical view and yes, we will block the camera to a maximum frame.

Like SolarAutomata said, you can double tap on the character shortcuts (1-4), but also double click their portraits.

You can also click on exit / crystal symbols to move the camera or use Tab to focus on the Crystal. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 12, 2013, 10:52:31 AM
Really loved it. Can't wait for more content !

A quick feedback on GUI :

- we could use a "select all heroes" key/button (Why not the tilde key?)

- if we abandon a game, we are not informed of our score. It makes my inner ragequitter sad

And about shortcuts, I noticed F1, F2 etc, opened the building menus.

My two cents.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 14, 2013, 7:20:03 AM
personally I would like to see some sort of character creation (especially if multiplayer is introduced) nothing major just maybe like a "select portrait" then a select class or something. or if your ambitious you could do creation like Terraria.

Also If multiplayer is implemented it would really be nice to choose your hero.

it would also be nice to see like swords and other weapons change when equipped to represent the equipped item. Just an aesthetic thing

choosing your primary hero would be cool too

Also it would be nice to be able to move characters around so like swapping positions of characters 1 and 2.

I will post more suggestions as I come up with them

BUT I love this game it is GREAT
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 14, 2013, 11:47:55 AM
hubebert wrote:

- we could use a "select all heroes" key/button (Why not the tilde key?)

- if we abandon a game, we are not informed of our score. It makes my inner ragequitter sad

Cool ideas, I totally agree
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 14, 2013, 9:28:57 PM
Cannot agree more for a select multiple hero's key/button, its a minor inconvenience to select each hero individually.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment