Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless modes

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 10, 2014, 11:50:02 AM
I already read about endless mode going with the elevater from floor to floor

But id also like the endless map

A map that keeps generating more rooms as you play no elevator you just keep going you could setup an economy explore on and on

Find many things blueprints etcetcetc it should be endless an doable like a kind of world generation

This would/could use the following idea I have seen on multiple posts already Namely:

Moving your crystal to another crystal socket (moving it).

Or my idea maybe being able to create a second crystal(need science and 50/100 dust for a second one) so you can fill a second socket it will do nothing except filling a socket and maybe leave some dark space between the 1st and second socket room

Pro's of this :

You could start a second base and power stuff from there

You have a new place that can power rooms next to it so you can build defenses here to give heroes a place to defend/retreat to

Cons:

You need to defend 2 crystals now

You spend 50 to 100 dust meaning you can power 5 to 10 less rooms

Anyway id love to see an endless dungeon that grows bigger and bigger please if you reply comment on:

Endless dungeon 1 growing map idea

Moving crystal to other socket

creating a new crystal

And say why you like/dislike any and what you would do/like to see to make Endless dungeon possible
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 11, 2014, 2:04:58 AM
If you were to do this what is to stop you from simply building tons of Industry Modules? After a certain point every door you would open would give you enough industry to completely arm every minor module in rooms that you have powered, at which point there is little challenge left.

The same is true for Food Modules. After a certain point every door will provide so much food that your heroes will never be in danger of death again since you can just heal them continuously.

There are other problems with scale that would make the basic gameplay take longer and longer. The only thing that is really lost when moving to an exit is dust so I don't see the point in having an endless level.

As far as moving the crystal to another socket, I don't really have a problem with the idea, but it doesn't really add anything that I would want to do, unless that crystal socket is close by and only has one exit to better defend it.

For creating a new crystal.. Why? I guess you would have another chance keep going if your first crystal was destroyed, but I don't think it would work with the current mechanics right now. Is dust stored in both crystals equally, or do you have set up which crystal gets which dust? Which crystal would those crystal smasher enemies target? There are too many things that would have to be added to make it work and for very little benefit.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 11, 2014, 5:56:04 AM
I think this would be cool as a novelty, but if it was truly endless, eventually the game would start to lag and the challenge would dissapear (assuming the mechanics stay the same)

and eventually someone will likely make a mod to do just this, they did it with FTL, they did with The Pit, they can probably do it with this
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 11, 2014, 8:01:37 AM
Endless levels with continuously increasing difficulty are definitely a must. Aside from the obvious benefits and replayability, the game is called dungeon of the endless for god's sake. Plus, the game style makes it very conducive to endlessly generated levels.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 11, 2014, 7:18:26 PM
As for your philip45 scaling comment these are my lvl 3 endgame stats I played the game out multiple times but thought id share the stats

Economy 320

Food 117

Energy 254

Heroes 3 lvl 5 with 1 purple item

Score 1261 points

I can already break the scaling on lvl 2 and 3 so dont see the problem on getting more economy or food when playing in a bigger map(endless) But diminishing returns might help

Also this is a thinking game if you make good decisions and place modules turrets heroes right and open doors in a certain way (read guides) you can always win by economy

As for creating a second crystal this is for the endless map idea if you read my suggestion

Where the map is endless without swapping floors with the elevator also like the golems who go after modules the crystal smashers could go for the nearest ones and dust like other resources could just be universal

And with an increasing difficulty (less power more dark rooms) and maybe all other stuff that might be added could make this the ultimate challenge if you are done with the story mode.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment