Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Extra monster spawning in certain rooms

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 10, 2014, 12:54:49 AM
Monsters spawn only in dark rooms HOWEVER

I see rooms with pipes saw 1 room with a huge pipe some rooms with puddles/huge holes i the floor or closed off rooms

Id like to see the difficulty slightly harder/more interesting by adding the following

Some rooms wth certain specific things in them spawn extra mobs if not powered

these could be thr rooms like :

Small pipe 1 or 2 extra small mobs

The huge pipe some extra big mobs

Room with giant skull in a crystal ball (no idea but that would be a priotirty to power or else)

It would be fun to find out what a non powered room could spawn if not powered on top of the normal waves

Also some rooms have no pipes no nothing just a rectangle with no dangerous looking stuff would be nice if nothing spawns in those by default

Dont have to power them no mobe coming from an empty room with no ways to get in
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 10, 2014, 3:49:59 PM
The idea in that topic and mine are entirely different

Where they talk about certain monsters spawning in certain rooms and im talking about spawning extra/more monsters spawning in certain rooms if not powered making the game a bit harder
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 10, 2014, 5:39:10 PM
The way I see it, your idea is that room appearance could be more than just cosmetic. So when heroes open a door to a room with big pipes comming out of the walls, the player will say "Damn, I better light this room up or I'll get overrun." In the end, the difference between ideas isn't all that significant. The code will probably be the same. The room will act differently than others. One room will spawn more monsters, the other different monsters.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 10, 2014, 5:45:46 PM
Well, you want both to use objects in rooms to suggest mobs spawn information smiley: wink Not the same but close!

It's important, for the community and for us, to try to sort out the different proposals.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 11, 2014, 7:24:36 PM
Oke oke I get that maybe a combination of idea's then room objects dont spawn only more stuff(extra monsters) but also lets you know what they are going to spawn (idea of other guy)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment