Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Suggestion: Hackable Defenses

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 3:35:41 PM
I think it would be nice to have rooms with ancient traps that could be re-purposed for the the player's benefit at some cost.

In order to make them distinct from player-built defenses they would cause significantly more damage to enemies but also cost significantly more. Perhaps an additional 10 dust on the room in question?

This would also need to be a skill unlocked with science points, I think.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 20, 2013, 3:40:09 AM
Agreed. I love this, would be a great implement for their "Endless ruins" idea.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 11, 2014, 11:47:12 PM
sounds really good. should be unlocked by science and also by a sort of minigame kind of like on eve online where you have to break firewalls etc... search eve online hacking on youtube to see what I'm talking about.

I know this concept is already taken by CCP but you could make something different, this is just an example smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 12, 2014, 9:50:22 AM
So actually a room that already might have a module turret something you cant build in it just has to be powered

Sounds great to me you have my vote
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 19, 2014, 8:05:06 PM
I like this idea a lot as well, especially the having to pay an extra 10 dust part. That leads to an interesting risk vs. reward situation, because 'do I power another room, thus making enemies spawn in rooms where I have more control?', or 'do I have a heavily defended area and attempt to build off of this?'. I think to make it more interesting, the 10 dust would have to be a permanent loss - meaning that you can't power it down once you've turned it on.

If you wanted to be really mean, what is stop you from making a mistake and hacking the turret wrong, turning it on your own heroes and alerting monsters elsewhere in the dungeon. You would get your 10 dust back after killing it of course, but it might take people by suprise. I like having to deal with traps. =P
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 22, 2014, 11:38:41 PM
Increasing the dust cost of a room could introduce a dramatic swing in difficulty from run to run by effectively blocking the player's access to powered rooms. I do like the idea of 'found' hardware. Maybe keep the power cost the same but add a dialogue to buy the hardware in the room sort of like a merchant?

When I first read the thread title what came to mind was actually enemies that attempt to hack your turrets though which sounds kinda neat to me.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment