Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Small Thoughts

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 27, 2014, 11:12:08 AM
Hello,

This is coming off fresh from a run. I am unsure of the proper tagging etc to use but here are some thoughts in no particular order.

The monster that rushes you crystal, he is pretty cool but getting him on the first door can really screw you over. perhaps make a modifier for his spawn so he won't spawn within the first door opening, on each floor?

Turrets and champions, targeting order... This whole area I feel needs some kind of work over. Perhaps a target priority that could be set on command. Mainly my issue is killing those crystal monsters that target your large modules.

Dust per level. I am unsure if this is in the works, but keeping say, 10% of dust and decreasing the average dust gained per room could make it so you have a slightly better breathing room on the more difficult floors without tossing the difficulty out the window. (I'd even go as far to say that a hard cap of 40 or 50 would ensure that good fortune early on doesn't make it TO easy)

That merchant, prices are feeling way steep. 40 dust for a single item? most items are 20+ dust. I have yet to buy something from him.

The monsters targeting order seems a little off. They seem to favor your weakest unit. This could be remedied by an item that puts the wearer to the front (before modules). An example is OPbot, Troe and Gork are all in a room defending. The monsters always target OPbot first. Since OPbot is clearly not a combat based hero, shouldn't the monsters go for Troe since he does more damage etc. Gork can steal their attention for a few seconds but when it comes for an all in defence, It simply feels cheap to have monsters kill the least threatening person first.

Suggestions for gameplay

An abliity (maybe research or something) that lets you see the layout of the dungeon for a few turns (or at least the next 2 or 3 rooms)

The ability to "Reroll" A room for different amount of small and a chance at a large module

The music from Endless Space!!!!(maybe if you already own the game it's free and available as a small priced DLC?)

Ziggy Stardust as a playable hero! (He would use a blaster cause thats how he rolls)

This game is so much fun and such a deceptivly good time sink. Keep it up guys!!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 27, 2014, 11:06:59 PM
ziggsistardust wrote:

The monster that rushes you crystal, he is pretty cool but getting him on the first door can really screw you over. perhaps make a modifier for his spawn so he won't spawn within the first door opening, on each floor?

That would deffinitly have my vote!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment