Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Science Ideas?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 5:24:38 AM
So does anyone have any ideas of what the Science resource might do? The only ideas I can come up with are: being able to build major (where resource generators go) and minor (where turrets and other defenses go) module slots, and being able to close doors. I think being able to build more module slots could greatly enhance the gameplay, and being able to close doors would make you think more strategically. Of course, closing a door that is connected to many other rooms would cost much more, but it would be a good incentive. What do you guys think?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 8:42:42 AM
I like the idea of closing doors. That could be like a hacking using science resources. On the same note maybe also an ability to peek to an unopen room (chance based?).

What else.. Traps? Upgrading items?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 10:35:16 AM
Hi,

Basically, Science will replace the current way to randomly obtain blueprints: it will add more choices (always with a notion of random) in your evolution and diversify strategies smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 11:29:24 AM
And I take it we get science points by analyzing ruins?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 12:24:30 PM
That could be a solution but currently, Science is produced like Industry and Food and the ruins gives you the possibility to do a new research among 4 proposals.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 28, 2014, 1:11:29 PM
So is it going to add turrets that aren't currently available or the ability to upgrade turrets beyond what they currently do in game? Currently the player has no choices and no control over when they get turrets. If science gives them choices there will be some control over which turrets they get when which would, I would think, lead to less diversity in strategies. Presently you need to deal with what you get but with more control you can funnel things back to the best min/max options.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 29, 2014, 6:15:08 AM
I'm more curious as to whether science has any effect on the heroes themselves. Or equipment they can use; using science to change an item to something of the tier above?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 29, 2014, 9:44:30 AM
@Tetracycloide: you're right, but there will always be a notion of random and with more type of modules, we will ensure that the player have to find different strategies one game of another smiley: smile

@ZumboPrime: for now, Science will only be for modules. However, some modules are useful to improve heroes!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment