To hard(overall)
To hard(because of the randomness)
Right on the spot
To easy
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 14, 2014, 2:32:22 PM
Some people are complaining, that DotE is to hard in its current state and has to much randomness to make it past level 2 on a regular basis.

As far as I'm concerned it could be a little more challenging. But thats only my personal taste. i want to know how other people think about the difficulty of the game.

Edit: This is for version 0.1.21
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 14, 2014, 2:43:29 PM
You should really have included the version of it because otherwise this might soon be outdated.

But if it is for 0.1.21 I think a little too easy.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 14, 2014, 5:18:50 PM
So I voted "right on the spot". I think the game right now is pretty easy. Maybe too easy overall. I do, however, believe that this is the difficulty levels 1-5 should ideally have once the game is released. I may be overthinking this, but once we get the full 12 level dungeon this is how hard I want this game to be at that point and from there it should get gradually harder and more challenging.

So you can count my vote either as "right on the spot" or "too easy". I would be really disappointed if this was the final difficulty (which I know it won't... hopefuly).

Oh, and there's a typo in the poll. It should be "too easy" and not "to easy".
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 14, 2014, 6:52:41 PM
Tons of typos smiley: biggrin. English is not my nativ language but its a bit embarasing smiley: frown.

But i cant change the pool or im blind or both. If a mod sees this: Can you please change the typos(to ->too) or tell me how i can do it. Thank you
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 17, 2014, 7:13:36 AM
Right now it's ridiculously easy. Although that might be because I'm used to being punished by FTL and SWOS: The Pit. A Hard Mode should definitely be included.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 17, 2014, 7:42:18 AM
ZumboPrime wrote:
Right now it's ridiculously easy. Although that might be because I'm used to being punished by FTL and SWOS: The Pit. A Hard Mode should definitely be included.

Oh man, SOTS: the Pit. I really loved the sheer variety of items in that, but I think it was way too slow paced for a roguelike.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 18, 2014, 1:43:53 AM
I can consistently make it past level 2, and except for the occasional bad bunch of heroes or no item drops, typically beat the game each time I play. In it's current state, 0.1.21, I agree it's a bit too easy and predictable. Still addictive as crack, though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 18, 2014, 2:15:36 PM
In my opinion there's 2 main reasons for the game being too easy right now:

1st: The defense formula, that leads to almost invincible heros. I believe it was already confirmed to be changed soon.

2nd: The circumstance that mob-waves tend to drag out on long routes because of the great diversity in their speed. This means monsters drip in one by one into your defenses and are taken apart before their friends arrive. If monsters would walk at the same speed, their arrival would be a lot more challenging.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 24, 2014, 10:15:53 AM
I personally think the difficulty is just right. In every game I never consistently get to a certain level but then that could just be me being rubbish.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 26, 2014, 10:26:41 AM
Too easy for me, mainly because of the Claymore module. This one is so insanely powerfull! Not for long, I'm sure of that, but right now it's very easy, and besides, because of that, the game become too easy when the game should be harder, 'cause in the first floors we don't have claymore. : )

In the same idea, I think the first level is still too hard in some game. Sometimes it goes well, and sometimes it can be more harder than the next floors, because the player has no resource to begin with, and poor modules. So when the rooms give no major module socket but the first one, it can be really, really tough for the first steps in the game, especially during the "crystal run" (if the player has a long road, and did not use his only socket to make some food, it can easily become a game over). I think the first floor has to be less random, because the options for the player to respond to this randomness are very limited in the early game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment