Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Autopause game on critical situations.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 6, 2014, 9:25:40 PM
It is relatively common when I loose my heroes simply because I missed the fact how fast hero started loosing health, even when I have loads of food to heal him. Sometimes it is just barely possible to catch proper moment in real time, so you need to keep pressing pause/unpause.

I suggest set game on pause whenever any hero comes close to death (f.e. was dropped below 10% health).

Sound notification would be nice as well, but I guess it is too late for sound and you need to have good reaction to pause before hero's death (unlike attacked crystal where loosing few seconds doesn't change much).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 7, 2014, 8:55:04 AM
I lost a hero in my ongoing Let's Play because I simply didn't realize his health was dropping because I was watching another fight somewhere else.

Now it will be really tough to go on with only 3 heros.

But I really wouldn't want the game to be trivialized by auto-pausing for me.

If something like that is implemented it should not be on the higher difficulty-levels.

My opinion is: It was my mistake and thus I have to suffer from the consequences.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 11:56:18 PM
So I think this game needs notifications, similar to the "waves" caution notification, but maybe a change in that when they engage your party. Though this doesnt avert death off screen, it also doesnt make the game overly easy by auto pausing when at low health. I don't think pauses should be anything but manual.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment