Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Revive Dead Hero

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 21, 2014, 1:09:34 AM
Hi, I recently tried DotE and I forget to see a hero protecting module soloing a waves, so s/he end up dead.

I know it is my mistake, but losing hero (especially favorite one) as well as good equipment mid-level is quite a pain.

So I have some possible suggestion about revive mechanic.

Possible Apply:

• Can be disable as challenge? (extra score)
  • Force disable on harder difficult?

Possible Rule:

• Revive can be done within 0-x turn s/he died?
  • Revive can be done within floor?

Possible Payment:

• Use Food equal to next level requirement? (eg. if hero need 198 food for next level, he need 198 food to revive.)
  • Use FIDS?
  • Use certain item from mechant?
  • Build a single use Medical Module?

• Must researched first?
    • Chance based revival? (dead on fail or module lost on fail.)
    • Upgradable? (improve chance? cheaper? less punishment?)

• Hero lose/reset a level?
  • Randomly destroy equipped on revive?
  • Weaken on current floor? (debuff)

Personally I prefer, Can be disable as challenge, revive within x turn(s), and just use a lot of food, make it like rebuilding module but a bit more expensive and restrictive due to it's living people.

Sometimes I just hoard too much food.

Sorry, if duplicated (already searched).
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 21, 2014, 2:14:07 AM
Is the mechanic you're suggesting a constantly available option in the game, or rather something that has to be earned/found? You kind of address this with the upgradable/pre-requisite research bit, but the rest of the rest of the post sounds like it's a built-in feature that you can use any time, so I'm just not entirely sure what you're going for.

In terms of the mechanic's functionality, maybe a contextual option would be alright as well? e.g. finding/powering up a cryochamber room to use, or having to move the crystal to a new place in order to do the revive. With, or without, those options, there would still need to be some extreme consequences/balancing to make this something reasonable to put in the game. To me, the idea of a rogue-like game is that what already happens is done, and thats the end of it. I think the game's setting is designed in a way that can justify the mechanic in the lore, which is important, because it means that it can be a reasonable and real part of the game, as opposed to 'just a mechanic' , but to make it realistic in the game, it would need to have a high pre-requisite cost, not just a high after-effect cost.

I'm not against the mechanic in-and-of itself, but if it was to be implemented, I would much rather have it be something I really need to work to get, not an 'Oh no! My hero died, now I need to revive him', more of an 'Oh no! My hero died, do I have what it takes to bring him back?' It's a small difference, but to me, that subtle motive is really important in kepping the enjoyment and tone of the game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 21, 2014, 4:05:20 AM
I'm listing a possible ideas, grouping into 3 sub-category and combine them for a revive system/mechanic. It may prove some insight to devs or someone.

I think I accident edit my personal preference, it's "Can be disable as challenge, revive within x turn(s), and just use a lot of food." Keeping simple I guess.

For me the game is already heal on demands (5 foods) to keep heroes alive, so I think revive should be the same, but more expensive due to you neglect to attention. Just like module lost, you can just build new one.

Not mentions to healing module.

If it's all about per-requisite cost, then perhaps when module is destroy, it cannot be rebuilt in that place as well?

Also, sorry, English is not my main language.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment