Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Some Feedback / Suggestions

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 20, 2014, 9:05:44 PM
So I have played a few hours of the pre-release over the last week or so (all on easy). I am really enjoying the game even though I typically have not been able to get into game with outdated graphics (even if they were fine for me in the 80's somehow now it hurts immersion) - I'm playing on a 1440P on full screen smiley: smile .

I think the visuals and challenge of the game are outstanding. The balance also seems really good as well...ok actually I think the monsters are all OP at a certain point, but I'm guessing that its just because I'm not that good at the game.

Anyhow some feedback on things to fix / improve / ignore as you see fit

Minor UI / usability items

1 - it would help to have the key layout available in the options screen so you can easily refer to it in game (even better would be allow the player to change the bindings but this is a nice to have). I'm going to need to try it with my game controller at some point as well

2- Include the character short name next to their picture in the top right. I don't really identify with the characters as I only see their name when checking stats (I have seen others call Sara the blue lady as example)

Thanks for putting together such a fun and challenging game.

3- in the inventory / merchant screen each item has a type. it would be great to add a color / make the symbol bigger. I accidentally bought a spear once when I thought it was a sword

4- In the item description some items give you a special ability. Make this more clear that it provides "operate", "Dualist", etc...It says this in the description but it is not really marked out specifically (you could add a group at the bottom / highlight in a color.)

5 - There is at least one module that does not show you any stats. I forget the name but it is the one that I believe transfers some health to your characters for enemies killed in the room. I'm not really sure what it does since no stat is listed.

Gameplay / Other

1 - Nail gun and other weapons switch person from long to Melee range. Would be great for any equipment that is not the standard range for the item to say this (or have this be changed to where it does not change range (this might be usability if working as intended). Also maybe some spears / guns should do the reverse (like a harpoon gun or throwing knives)

2 - Either allow a setting or by default have each character target based on one of the following. MOB attacking character, MOB Attacking Module, MOB attacking crystal (maybe it is already set up like this in a specific order)

3 - Auto healing would be great. What I mean by this is that each character has a checkbox that you can select that spends 5 food anytime the character gets below something like 20% health. Maybe you want part of the challenge being spotting this and hitting spacebar, but I get annoyed when I get distracted by the action and one of my guys dies when I have plenty of food left (maybe the problem is on a big screen the little health bars on the top right get kinda lost.

4 - Sound effects for fighting could be improved. I'd love to hear more squishing, thumping, screaming or whatever noises you guys think make sense. Maybe the noises could vary based on the currently selected character and the situation they are in.

5- maybe I am missing something but it is very hard to know if a Monster is ranged or melee. I have lost characters who I decide to have flee the room and they die in the doorway when the mob is across the screen. Maybe all Monsters are ranged but I don't think so.

6 - I have not made it to the end so no need to give a spoiler if this happens but I think the last level should have a boss that comes from the exit and towards your crystal once you pick up the crystal (this would ignore the spawning in a powered room rule)...Ideally there would be several different bosses so that you fight a different guy (maybe one that is fast, one that has high defense and slows you down (trying to let the other monsters kill you, one that spawns monsters as it goes, and the typical high attack type of boss). I don't think the boss should have a huge attack (except for the 4th type). Instead it should have lots of health and annoying trait that makes winning more difficult.

postgame / post level

1 - Add some post level and post game stats. Basically for each character maybe DMG dealt, Mobs killed, DMG taken, DMG blocked (by defense), resource collection, HP regen (both self and others), Healing purchased. Would also be fun to get a summary of all enemies killed (or maybe similar listed for the mobs and in this way you could give them names for us to scream.

2- Local top ten score list would be great. It would just need to have date, level reached, score and if possible which characters where used

3 - Achievements - I'm sure the plan is to add these. The more oddball ones the better (like use gronk to carry the crystal to the exit) and not just things like win the game, kill 1000 mobs, etc...(although those are good too)
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment