Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

NPCs run for the exit when the crystal is picked up

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 6, 2014, 9:00:00 AM
At the moment, npcs just stand around in the room they are found in and wait until enemies kill them. Heroes at least fight back but merchants just stand around while enemies chomp them to death. Heck, most of the time you might not even feel need to save merchants if they don't have good ware or you don't have items to sell to them... So I figured out that when you grab the crystal, why wouldn't they run to exit? There is no need for them to reappear in next level(that'd make things perhaps too easy if you can save hero and have them be around your crystal as backup on next level if one of heroes die), but they could give you bonus resources or even items or blueprints for modules for rescuing them.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 19, 2014, 4:13:26 PM
seems like this would help the player as the merchants / NPC heroes would attract enemies. Additionally the non-recruited heroes would then help by attacking monsters. I think it should be left as is
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 21, 2014, 8:57:19 PM
DEY123 wrote:
seems like this would help the player as the merchants / NPC heroes would attract enemies. Additionally the non-recruited heroes would then help by attacking monsters. I think it should be left as is

Dunno really. If they run to exit room instead of stopping to help or whatever then would they really help all that much? Plus all npc heroes are level 1 and die really fast. Currently the way game is, you have no incentive to rescue them. And it doesn't really make sense for them to just stand around and die.

Plus I feel sad whenever I realize that npc heroes died because I had party full and they were in dark rooms smiley: frown But there is no reason to save them since unless you kill one of heroes... Well, they will do nothing.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment