Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Suggestion - Progress Achievments (With Unlocks)

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 23, 2014, 6:16:49 PM
Hi, I've looked around the forums and I didn't see anything like this mentioned. I assume that there will be achievements implemented but, I think it should be taken a step further.

Dungeon of the Endless should reward players that put a lot of time into it. From what I already read it will however, allowing players to unlock a new look/outfit for a hero based on completing certain objectives or missions (I'm not very good at naming things) would make playing the game a lot much more sweeter.

Get [InsertHeroName] through [X] amount of floors

Open [X] amount of doors with [InsertHero]

Kill [X] amount of enemies with [InsertHero]

Use [InsertHero]'s ability [InsertAbility] [X] amount of times

Solo kill [X] amount of enemies with [InsertHero]

etc.

On the day I bough the game I played it for Nearly 8 hours, the next day around 10 hours. The game is fun, challenging and addicting. I was hitting my head against the wall constantly because I refused to play on Too Easy. I learned after the first 6 hours or so that I played that I wasn't getting past the 3 floor unless I unlocked some characters and I did. Now I've put 19 hours in the game and I intend to spend many more and I know there is a lot more being done to the game but, I felt it lacked something still, even after reading the thread [G2G] Amplitude's List of Community Feedback. When I was thinking about what this game was missing and what it could do to get me to play more, my first thought was cosmetic options. So naturally outfits for the heros came to mind. Other than the leader-board system and the other persistent content, unlock-able outfits would give players another incentive to play the game a lot. I believe that a lot of casual and hardcore players love to have options regarding cosmetics. It just make the game feel more personal when you're playing and you think "I did that. I accomplished that. Now I got a badass new look.".

In addition to this, if outfits were to be a thing, Amplitude Studios could have different outfits have different effects. Maybe something like affecting stat gains from leveling or skill sets. Doing so would add another layer of strategy to the game too. Maybe it won't be too significant but I feel it could help players tune in on there own play styles.

So, what do you think?
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 31, 2014, 10:39:34 AM
hi but you allready have cloths with speacial abilitis but the idea whit the archifments arent to bad i thing whis gives little advantage not sure what but something small anyway archivments allready keeps player playing to archich them.

BYEBYE
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 11, 2014, 10:34:48 PM
I really like the idea of some sort of carry over achievements. Heroes unlock too quickly and it is not quite as satisfying as an achievement function. There could be ranks for the players for how many floors gotten through or hours put in and you would get some sort off buff. I don't know if outfits would work. I like the idea but I don't know how practical it would be. Maybe, depending on the rank you could pick some sort of starting buff, or carry over a small percentage of dust from level to level.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment