Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New game mode: Zombie Crystal Fatal Attraction (Z-CryFat mode)

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 28, 2014, 3:56:15 PM
Zombie Crystal mode is a change to part of the core game mechanic. It implements a tug-of-war element to gameplay.

I) The zombie crystal is an experiment with the harmonic resonance of the crystal being tuned to the planetary core. This changes fundamentally the crystal's vibrations and the mob attitude towards it. Instead of being aggroed by the crystal's vibrations, the monsters are entranced by it, and try to take it to worship as their own. So, instead of trying to destroy it, the monsters will try to take it away.

II) All levels will have crystal-focusing mobs. Instead of attacking the crystal, they will try to pull the crystal towards the 'Master Keeper'. Players cannot put the crystal back on to the base.

III) Setup: After the 5th door, every time the monsters spawn, there would be one special Keeper, the Master Keeper. If it is killed, it will still respawn next wave.

IV) There should be a path in the general opposite direction to the player's exit, which is the monster's exit. The Master Keeper will always spawn as close to it as it can. The Master Keeper can spawn on lit rooms! But no other mob can.

V) Dust would be decoupled from crystal health. The crystal is effectively indestructible. Whenever the mobs move the crystal from one room to another, the player loses 10 dust.

VI) Crystal-focused Monster ability changes:

The monsters will have abilities which will change gameplay in the same room of the crystal.

That low-level one monster which slowly walks relentlessly:

Can use an attack which makes the crystal carrier drop the crystal. Picks up the crystal and walks toward the Master Keeper at half his normal speed.

Cube crystals: have a magnetic effect on the crystal. Drags the crystal very very slowly telekinetically. Each one gives the crystal carrier a -5 speed penalty. Negative speeds means the crystal carrier is dragged towards the Master Keeper, even if holding the crystal.

Crystal spiders: the area attack causes the crystal carrier to 'jump' (or be thrown) in the direction of the master Keeper, either slowing the player, or speeding the monsters.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 29, 2014, 5:45:27 PM
Sounds interesting. I am not sure I understand the "players can't put the crystal back on base" bit. Basically, once enemies pick up the crystal once, the player can't power any more rooms and has to concentrate on running the crystal to the exit, which they may not have found yet? Sounds evil smiley: smile

On an unrelated note, since you call it zombiemode, I half expected this to be a suggestion for a game mode unlocked by having all heroes unlocked. You would have all heroes present (a basic defend AI for those you don't control directly). Each time a hero dies, they'd join the zombie side.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment