Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Little King 'module': bribe monsters for weaker waves/no waves

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 18, 2014, 1:28:07 PM
I think that players should find in the dungeon a diminute fellow, but very pompous and prideful of himself, buried to the ground up to the waist. He is carrying a drum and keeps playing it at different tones. He occupies the space of a major module, like a stele or research artifact.

Should have goblin-royal mannerisms, and demand tribute for safe passage.

The players can give him a tribute per turn. Tributes cost industry+science+food. Tribute costs increases as the player advances through the level.

Alternatively, they can pay him off so send him away. Paying him off costs dust.

Tribute: mobs spawned will be a little bit weaker.

Large tribute: Paying him a large tribute ensures the next door won't spawn mobs. Has a cooldown, can't be paid every turn.

Pay off: You pay him once, he goes away. Mobs spawned will be weaker for the rest of the level.

If tribute is not paid, mobs will spawn for sure on every door opened. But other events will still happen in the level.

Killing the little king: The player should be able to attack the little king and kill him. He would unroot from the ground when attacked and reveal to be mounted on a huge worm-beast. He would play his warsong in his drum to spawn mobs. If he is killed, the next 3 doors will surely have large mob spawns.

Ambience: the little king should have different drum tap-tap-taps according to his state towards the player, i.e. small tribute/large/tribute/no tribute/combat.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 1, 2014, 6:36:25 PM
Some sort of troll that takes something away from you is a good idea. Your Little King idea sounds difficult to create, programming wise, but I do like the idea of a "Troll Under the Bridge" type NPC where you must choose -1 FIS per turn for 10 turns, -20 Dust, or +25% Mob spawn increase, just as an example. Pay the toll or pay the price smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 1, 2014, 10:18:44 PM
Troll under the bridge is a staple of RPG, I think it would fit the game very well. I like my little king, but the TUB idea is easier to implement indeed.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment