Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Character unlocks tied to achievements

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jul 3, 2014, 11:56:32 PM
Hello people!

First post(well, second but first topic!) of mine and I would like to talk about unlocking heroes in DotE. As I played through the game, I unlocked many people as I'm sure you did. The first few times it was exhilarating to know i unlocked a brand new way to start off the game, but after awhile it became a process to build a strong team and have them carry that character to safety. It made me think of a game called Risk of Rain where character unlocks were tied to achievements relating to that character, and how characters could not be unlocked on the easiest difficulty either. The point I am trying to make is that I think it would make it more rewarding and fun to have characters be unlocked through achievements and the like. I'd like to know what others think about how characters are unlocked as well.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 4, 2014, 12:45:36 AM
I like that idea, though I do like what they've done with the unlock system. It could be where you still have to find them and can be unlocked through completing the three floors or play through, but they could have a character specific achievement or something of the sort as you said. For instance Troe Pekenyo: (Kill 30 large enemies through out one game) or something like that.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 4, 2014, 1:55:36 AM
I would like either of those actually, just some way to keep me playing characters I would not normally play or a way to get me to try a different play style! Achievements have so many possibilities besides obnoxious goals, and i love when they tie into the game, like with unlock able items that once you unlock them they start dropping in the game. Possibilities!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 4, 2014, 3:33:21 AM
Cool point. (I love Risk of Rain BTW, we should co-op together) Interesting ways to unlock heroes is a good idea. At the very least for add-ons down the line. If there is a new hero for DLC, making him have some sort of back story attached to his unlocking would keep things interesting. We'll have to see what ideas the Devs come up with, but stuff like that makes people keep playing and with multi-player, it'd be totally kick-azz if you could have a hard to unlock hero that makes everyone super jelly, if ya know what I mean ^^
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 4, 2014, 9:43:20 AM
I wouldn't mind some alternative ways of unlocking characters on top of the existing system. For example unlocking Deena if you reach floor 5 in the infirmary mode or Josh at floor 4 in the Library (random numbers).
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 4, 2014, 1:31:52 PM
Exactly! Another example would be to get Gork, you would have to tank a certain amount of damage with one character in one run.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment