Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Lonely Are the Brave; Ship and Module ideas

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 26, 2014, 7:02:13 PM
First thread on this forum, seeing that Devs implement the players' ideas, I've decided to have my shot at it as well. This thread has two ideas - one for a starting ship and another one for a major module.

Solitary Containment Pod

Note from sales brochure: "Maybe you just needed a time alone, or you want to show the world that you are the best of the best; either way, the Solitary Containment Pod would be your choice for a memorable experience."

Start with one powerful hero. Hero's Wit bonus is applied to all major modules in the dungeon if they have Operate skill. Monster wave spawn times are delayed. No additional heroes in dungeon.

Unlock Requirements: Beat the game with Infirmary Pod or Upgrade a single hero completely in a winning playthrough.

Basically, a challenge ship for the players that want to see how well could just a lonely hero perform on a floor, exposing the unexpected strengths and weaknesses of every single one. Wave spawn time delay was added to make sure that the game is not going to be absolutely unbeatable by relatively slow characters like Gork - it shouldn't be too long though, so the heroes with good speed would still have a use for their speed. Operate bonus was made to offset the inability of the lone hero to operate a module, if they have the skill, since usually it's their major advantage that would be thrown out of the window without the said bonus. The ship serves the purpose mostly for challenge or a thrill of lonely hunt.

REM Module

Flavor Text: Radical-Emergency Motion Module, AKA REM Module, a device greately useful for when you need to quickly get out fast or when there is a sleepwalker to catch nearby.

Effect: Increases speed of heroes moving to the room with REM Module by great amount, making them unavailable for interaction for the duration of their travel. Operating REM Module gives a passive flat increase to the speed of heroes on the floor.

Cost: 60 science to research, flat 40 industry to build without upscaling.

A front-line major module (or a pre-front-line major module), serving a purpose that Emergency Generator couldn't without breaking the game; an emergency option when the fronts are divided or there are a lot of distance between area being explored and the chokepoint. Trading off possible FIDS income or damage increase from HUD for additional defense, REM module allows rapid movement of defender heroes between two points, or in extreme cases operators (if the crystal seekers are threatening to breach the defenses). The heroes that are ordered to move into the room with REM Module would have their speed increased by several hundred percent (not sure on the exact amount, testing might be needed). Since the increased speed might be open for abuse and break the original intent of REM Module (Quick movement of heroes to a set room, not just quick movement), the heroes that move into the room with REM Module enter a "trance" and can't be interacted with by player in any way till they reach their destination; orders can't be changed and they can't have their health healed, level improved or skills restored.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 3, 2014, 11:00:28 PM
I've gotta say I really like the idea of a single hero pod, it would definitely have people learning to better play and utilize their heroes once they take them back into the other modes. It also made me wonder about another kind of pod that would revolve around having either three or four heroes right from the start, but just like in your pod there are no other heroes to be found in the dungeon so having one of them die would be crippling to your team. Anyways, cool idea, I would love to see it implemented smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 7, 2014, 4:45:12 PM
Seems like the solitary ship idea is being implemented already, so the thread is kind of rendudant here.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment