Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

You should be able to use all minor modules from the get go !!!

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 14, 2014, 11:48:21 AM
you can still get random upgrades through the artifacts , but the fact that you have all minor modules from the beginning adds lots of depth and strategic value. It makes to much sense not to. Just think about it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 14, 2014, 3:35:05 PM
This could work as a future alternative game mode.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 15, 2014, 1:36:11 AM
You can always edit the game files to create a mod that does that. The idea of starting with all the minor modules is actually interesting, since you could make a special Tower Defense Pod, where heroes cannot attack and need to use good module placement and kiting to kill all enemies. Here is an example ShipConfigs file with the initial pod having all the modules: ShipConfigs.xml
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 20, 2014, 11:01:54 AM
This is a very valid suggestion. I'd like to see at least an option to run with it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 3:02:00 AM
Gewlford wrote:
you can still get random upgrades through the artifacts , but the fact that you have all minor modules from the beginning adds lots of depth and strategic value. It makes to much sense not to. Just think about it.

The problem is, you wouldn't have enough resources for them early on, basically making them useless until later.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 7:35:14 PM
My $0.02-

I like this as an option. However not as the stock escape pod game. The randomization of what you have available to research is a big appeal to me, as it forces me to tailor my module choices based on what is available. If all were open in the beginning, defenses the first couple floors would be the same every game. I personally would rarely, if ever, use this option but i like the idea for others who would dig this.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 24, 2014, 10:31:35 PM
Mobyduck wrote:
You can always edit the game files to create a mod that does that. The idea of starting with all the minor modules is actually interesting, since you could make a special Tower Defense Pod, where heroes cannot attack and need to use good module placement and kiting to kill all enemies. Here is an example ShipConfigs file with the initial pod having all the modules: ShipConfigs.xml

I think this could be a really interesting concept if combined with Mobyduck's suggestion above. Otherwise, I think it dismantles some of the rogue-like addictiveness and challenge if I have all the modules unlocked to start with. Some of the game's best moments are when you're sitting there at the research panel thinking to yourself, "Man, I really want to upgrade the X module, but I really NEED that Y module to start surviving the harder waves, and I don't know when I'm going to see it again..."
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 12:23:29 PM
That would make a neat starting point for an Engineering Bay ship, you start up with the blueprints for all modules. Not sure what thematic downside could be added though.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 25, 2014, 3:52:01 PM
FishMcCool wrote:
Not sure what thematic downside could be added though.

Maybe the crystal has gotten damaged and each floor you have to repair it using industry and science before being able to move it?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 18, 2014, 5:57:26 PM
FishMcCool wrote:
Not sure what thematic downside could be added though.

Perhaps weapons would have to be researched?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment