Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Crystal Lift Breakdown/Use the stairs

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 3, 2014, 11:50:52 AM
Hey there, I been thinking about a possible event for the classic gameplay which would add lot of flavor, this as any idea could already be suggested previously.

So, every time you reach the crystal lift and exit the current floor, the lift takes you safe and sound to the next floor but wait, is this a dungeon? when was the last time the crystal lift got a technical revision, any of those lift could break between floors! This would leave our team of heroes in something like #currentFloor/#nextFloor and we should take the stairs to finally reach #nextFloor. When facing this kind of event the crystal must be always carried by a hero and it will power only the room where it is, the size of the "stairs" floor is lower than a normal floor for difficulty balance, the same for monsters waves, this could be handled in different ways. Once you reach the top, #nextFloor you go back to the normal gameplay mechanics.

In a nutshell, an event between floors that change game mechanics temporarily to the one I've described or any other, and then go back to the current mode gameplay mechanics.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 21, 2014, 5:42:42 PM
Would be interesting to see. Would definitely add more flavor to the game if it's 1) Not indicated on the "floor map" until it's hit and 2) Is a possibility, but doesn't show up on every playthrough.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 21, 2014, 9:53:52 PM
Azure_Fang wrote:
Would be interesting to see. Would definitely add more flavor to the game if it's 1) Not indicated on the "floor map" until it's hit and 2) Is a possibility, but doesn't show up on every playthrough.

1 and 2 fits perfectly with my idea, didn't think about how calculate the odds for this to happen but when everything goes fine, something must be/go wrong, I can feel it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 30, 2014, 10:19:14 AM
The layout of the floor should be circular, like stairs. You would go through a series of rooms then come back close to where you started.

It should also be possible to put the crystal on the ground so you can fight or give it to someone else with more speed.

The crystal should illuminate the room you are in, the one before, and the one after you. This way you can send heroes ahead of the crystal to kill monsters before they get to you.

Ofc there would be no dust, just a crystal with health and you would lose if it gets destroyed. OR there could be dust so you can illuminate rooms you leave behind and reduce monster spawn there.

But the more I think about it, the more I believe it would not be fair to add an additional 13th floor to the base play. Maybe these stairs could replace a regular floor instead of being an extra level.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment