Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Need an autosave feature

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 26, 2014, 8:16:00 PM
--UPDATED--

When the game crashes, or power goes out, or steam closes for any reason you lose all your progress. I lost a 24 level drill game, and a level 9+ sanitary pod to a crash and a power outage respectively. There should be an autosave feature, no need to save every turn but at least a save every floor would be very welcome to avoid frustration.

Look I know this is a rogue game and savegames are actually meant to disappear. The autosave feature I am asking about should only work for crashes. If I lose a run or my heroes die, yes please go ahead and delete the saves. But if it is not a loss, which means the game exit for technical reasons, please provide a backup so we don't lose everything.

UPDATE : Actually even if you save manually at regular intervals, and you crash or something happens, you lose everything including the settings (volumes etc). This is more of a bug than a missing feature actually...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 27, 2014, 2:22:25 PM
DrakenKin wrote:
When the game crashes or steam closes for any reason you lose all your progress. I just lost 6 levels of progress because of a steam restart...

There should be an autosave feature, no need to save every turn but at least a save every floor would be very welcome to avoid frustration.

I totally support the idea, once I was playing and lights went off for some reason, goodbye game progress.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 27, 2014, 2:51:58 PM
Yeah. Floor 8 or 9. Had aftershave, armani suit and third eye. Hikensha was slicing through Keepers like a Craver through a peace treaty... then all gone smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 27, 2014, 11:07:24 PM
Need a save feature for multiplayer as well. It's a shame when the host has to leave due to IRL, but the other 3 want to continue the run.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 5:59:40 AM
Bump. Has this issue been acknowledged by the developers? Losing progress is a serious source of frustration. We should only lose saves when we lose the game, not when it crashes.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 10:50:27 AM
Hi,

We're reading everything so yes, we are aware, thanks for the report!

We're actually working on an auto save feature (only in case of crashes) smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 11:13:15 AM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

We're reading everything so yes, we are aware, thanks for the report!

We're actually working on an auto save feature smiley: smile

Awesome, thanks! smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 11:32:51 AM
But if there will be "autosave feature at the start of the floor" you can just unplug your PC and be like Woops.. Look like I will have to restart this floor with knowledge of it's whole. My bad.

I'm happy with way it is. Or maybe autosave every opened door and at the any call to close window. That would make abuse of it really hard.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 12:40:28 PM
If you really want to cheat you can edit a couple of files and make every floor have a single room with the exit. Or cheat other ways such as having godlike heroes and monsters that do no damage and have 1hp and drop dust every time. Do we really want the developers chasing down that rabbit instead of working on improving the game? Really improving the game.

It is not the job of developers to replace people's self discipline. If someone wants to cheat, its his problem. He'll cheat a couple of times, then grow up and figure out that he's ruining the game for himself. Or maybe he won't, maybe he'll have fun messing around with the game, and in that case the game would still have filled it's role which is give fun to people.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 12:46:54 PM
Or just play offline and keep a backup of the savegames smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 12:56:04 PM
That can anyone do. You don't need autosave then. You can save every floor. and copy your save file somewhere else. WOOOW no need for devs to spend time on this. More time to balance game, add new things and be creative. Cause Amplitude is great at these kind of things.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 3:14:12 PM
myrec wrote:
That can anyone do. You don't need autosave then. You can save every floor. and copy your save file somewhere else. WOOOW no need for devs to spend time on this. More time to balance game, add new things and be creative. Cause Amplitude is great at these kind of things.

Does that even work?

I think i was reading the steam forums and someone said that saving the files doesn't work.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 4:06:44 PM
It does :P You just need to have a high level in save scumming smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 12, 2014, 12:20:19 AM
In the rougelike community this is called Save Scumming.

Generally save scumming can't be completely avoided and isn't worth trying to lock it down. Consider it 'easy mode'.

I'd much rather have a between level auto-save that is deleted on death or quitting that can be totally abused then have no auto-save at all.

Save and quit in closed multiplayer games is also a much needed want, I want to play with my partner, but we can't always sit down to play and will randomly have to leave..

Cheers.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment