Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The "I Could Quit If I Wanted To" open 10,000 doors achievement

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 12, 2014, 12:14:42 PM
Isn't 10,000 doors a bit much?

I have now over 80 hours on the game, and I only opened 3200 doors. The only achievements I am missing are this one, the refreezer one, and the multiplayer one.

I seems to me that either the number should be lower, or that there should be a couple more achievements with a lower number (that leads to this one), or that really there should be many more achievements so we work our way to this one more naturally. Finishing the game and all achievements and having one that sticks out like a sore thumb feels a bit out of balance. smiley: smile

Ideally the achievement should be around 5,000 (between multiplayer and refreezer, players should land close to that number), and when a DLC / more content is released you make another achievement that goes higher to 10,000.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 12, 2014, 3:13:20 PM
Hi,

I think (I can be wrong) you only opened 3200 doors because the statistic is saved for a short time (just before the official release).

There are about 300 doors per dungeon, so the achievement should now be doable in around 100 hours of playtime.

Because this achievement is supposed to be the proof of a very big player, I think the number is huge but correct smiley: cool
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jun 22, 2020, 3:51:33 AM

There are about 300 doors per dungeon, but the game only counts doors you opened directly (IE before you pick up the crystal). This is easy to verify by starting a new game and looking at the number of doors displayed in the UI at the bottom right just before you pick up the crystal, then either dying or carrying the crystal to the exit. Additional doors opened while the crystal is being carried do not count toward your total. This means that using the average completion time for a normal run as a proxy for the number of hours required to get credit for opening 10,000 doors is flawed. If we assume people open on average 66-75% of doors on a given floor, and consider that the time per door generally goes up as you open more doors (since your ratio of powered to unpowered rooms declines and you're therefore more likely to encounter monsters) we can assess that the actual completion time for this achievement is significantly higher than 100 hours.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment