Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Right clicking on Stele

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 8:57:13 PM
People requested remote Stele interaction, so they would not have to race across half the dungeon to remember what a stele does. That is all fair and good. But could that please be limited to left clicking the Stele?

Currently right clicking on a room with a stele, will bring up the pop-up instead of moving your hero there. Right click should be for movement first and foremost. On easy Refreezerator and even worse, Sanitary Pod, that refusal of the hero to move because of some interaction taking over, can mean the difference between winning or losing the game.

We have pop up blockers in our browsers for a reason, then having annoying pop-ups within the game is not a quality of life improvement.

And yes, this is me posting after having calmed down 3smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 11:45:51 PM
Right-click should be for movement only. Left clicking any structure, research artifact, stele, crystal, shopkeeper, recruitable heroes, chests etc should be how you interact with them and you should be able to do it from across the map without requiring your (operator) heroes to move there. This is much more noticable in MP when you might only have one hero, and he's stuck operating. Currently you just can't have an operator type hero as the builder/researcher in a MP game because to that he has to be mobile. Either that or the game needs a better operator mechanic that allows the operator to move around more.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 12:38:14 AM
I understand having to move to the merchant and artefact. It adds a risk factor we have to manage - no selling stuff to the merchant remotely while running to the exit for example. But even that could possibly be achieved by requiring the presence of a hero in the room for the left click to work (and for multi it could mean any one hero present for every hero to be able to interact).
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 10:32:25 AM
Hi,

You're right about right clicking, thanks for the remark smiley: approval
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 10:33:12 AM
Even though I play Horatio in ES? :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2014, 12:28:21 AM
Personally, I think having a small dialog under the resource bar with any effects in the current room/floor denoted as numbers + short text, such as (Stele - [HeroesonFloor] +100 Speed: 3 ) or (Module - [HeroesinRoom] +4 HP Regen) as a persistent tracker.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 12, 2014, 6:53:47 AM
Azure_Fang wrote:
Personally, I think having a small dialog under the resource bar with any effects in the current room/floor denoted as numbers + short text, such as (Stele - [HeroesonFloor] +100 Speed: 3 ) or (Module - [HeroesinRoom] +4 HP Regen) as a persistent tracker.

Just posted a similar suggestion, a text-box with research progress and stele effects would be nice. I suggested to place it next to the build buttons, anyhow a different way to get this information would way better than the current.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 12, 2014, 7:17:05 AM
This is a great idea. Just have a small box add-up and show all modifications that are currently influencing the game. Just a line, like Azure_Fang proposed, would be enough.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 2, 2014, 11:04:19 PM
I would love this, to have the left click for research, because I hate sending my hero to the artefact room and not being able to see the mobs there because of the little popup.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 2, 2014, 11:53:27 PM
Or, if you wanted to have a text message about active research and stele effects...

well - one could consider this would make the game easier - so what if it only turned up when the game was pause?

(I have no reason for this, but that it would be more challenging to not see it - and thus if you don't want to pause it... should be harder?)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment