Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Multiplayer Gamemodes

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 8, 2014, 5:55:08 AM
So far DotE is one of my favourite games I've ever played. I love the mechanics, the characters, the art, everything. Except multiplayer. So even without the bugs and the lack of saving, the multiplayer version seems like it would be sluggish, clumsy, involves either massive communication or no strategy whatsoever and it would be way to easy to troll. So let's take the singleplayer mode out of this. What would be a good multiplayer game mode to spice DotE up a bit more?

Tl;Dr; What would be a good multiplayer gamemode?

PvP-wise and the entire reason why I made this thread, I was thinking that there could be a massive bomberman style dungeon or something where people (or teams) play on the same map against eachother. You start off like any other game, crystal, a bit of dust and resources, a few mods. But 4 other people spawned on the same dungeon. It could be an RTS, people take turns playing, or people simply take one turn at the same time. Power is distributed as a first come first serve and people could remove the power from a room by capping it and destroying all of the mods in that room.

Naturally, characters are different from one another and you wouldn't see a your average warden clearing an entire room of mods by himself to cap it. I was thinking that people could buy mobs to send out and stuff. They could tell mobs to follow a certain path (which they need to have mapped out by exploring). With closed doors, mobs would be useless so that might be a mechanic that needs to be worked on.

having multiple heros would also be necessary since otherwise it would be a bit more boring. Shopkeepers and reasearch tower thingys could be purchased as a mod or simply found. Random treasure could also be put around the map but having a system where you have a CHANCE to find a powerful item would be unfair to some people and the game would become a game of chance.

Goal of the game should be clear. Destroy the enemy gem and destroy all of the person's resources steal the player's gem to steal all of their resources.

Anyways, post your ideas or critiques below and I hope that I'm not breaking any forum rules nor posting in the wrong place (I didn't see any, sorry admins luv u). I'm not expecting the devs to put this in or anything like it in, it's just a "what if" type of thing. But I'm just saying devs, there's a lot more that could be seen from this game ;D. Also, first post was in the wrong spot. Sorry.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 8, 2014, 3:21:25 PM
My PvP idea was up to four escape pods but only one crystal in the middle of the map. Teams would try to grab the crystal and get it back to their pod.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 9, 2014, 11:10:28 AM
I would only ever even consider playing this multiplayer with people I know, which removes the problem of trolling. We use teamspeak which (more or less) removes the communication issue. As for PvP, I really don't think this game is suited to it. Aside from anything else, I suspect the technical limitations of their code would be a significant factor, because they seem to have had no plans for it. But also the whole feel of the game would be weird for PvP. I'd far rather see them make more interesting pod types which can be used as gamemodes for both SP and MP.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment