Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Hero Attack Priority

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
May 14, 2015, 1:31:09 AM
Range is useless if your character, runs guns a blazing into a sea of Chimera Zombies and Necrophage Hunters so they can hit that slowly moving Silic Bulldozer in the back.

Likewise, it's really pointless to move a character into a room with a Chimera Keeper whose on barely a sliver of life, and then gets distracted by a Silic Crystal. So it can get hit by the Chimera Keeper and everything else while buffed.

The game exists and uses ranged attacks and positioning, and even has abilities that increase range .. Yet, these are rendered useless because we can't choose which mobs to hit.

Proposed Solutions:

1. Manually set hero attack priority like minor modules do:

-- Most Powerful

-- Anti Module

-- Closest (default)

1a. You can set the default of each character

e.g.

-- Gork is set to target Closest by default

-- Troe is set to target Anti Module by default

2. Manually choose mobs like in any RTS

3. Make attack priority character specific, and allow it to be changed with equipment.

-- Certain weapons force characters to go after certain mobs, etc

Even though 2 is the most versatile, I feel that it goes against the Dungeon of the Endless control scheme.

It would be less Dungeon of the Endless and more like an RTS if you chould manually attack each creature.

So although, I would like to have more control over what each character does,

I feel that being able to choose the hero's attack priority is a "Hero advantage" that's acceptable that differentiates them from "Moving Turrets"

It solves the problem with shooting at Silic Crystals while a Bulldozer destroys your Major Module.

While at the same time, not becoming a MOBA clone.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 15, 2015, 8:59:22 AM
Hello succinkhtStatement,

The reason why you can't aim mobs yourself is because we wanted to base our gameplay more on macro-management than micro-management, but you guessed it.

However, your ideas are interesting and merit attention, I'm talking especially about 1a. and 3.

Thanks for you suggestions.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 24, 2015, 9:47:38 PM
I can only confirm that this would be great. I'm really missing some kinda 'focus fire' command, as when there are a lot of monsters the heroes and turrets tend to split up their power way to much to fight efficiently, making them much less likely to survive than need be.
0Send private message
9 years ago
May 30, 2015, 6:17:20 PM
1. Manually set hero attack priority like minor modules do:

-- Most Powerful

-- Anti Module

-- Closest (default)

1a. You can set the default of each character

e.g.

-- Gork is set to target Closest by default

-- Troe is set to target Anti Module by default

I completely support this one. It will add even more deep in planning strategy.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment