Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A hero Idea: Yaninog The Demagogue

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Aug 4, 2015, 8:35:13 AM
I've been playing dungeon of the endless on and off the past couple months, and wondered what exactly a cultist hero would look like and do in the game.

So the following is what I've thought of, from their role to a general idea of their strengths, weaknesses and abilities.

Yaninog The Demagogue

Health/Defense: 510/22 +35/2 per level

Speed: 21

Attack power/ cooldown:15/0.5 +0.5 power/level

DPS: 30 Melee (Swords)

Wit: 7+2 at max

Item slots: 1 Accessory, 2 swords

Active Skills: Conversion (Permanently control the strongest monster in the room, Chimera keepers are invalid, recharge 9 doors)

Red plume (Same as skrorig)

Starting passive ability: Iron fist

Later Passives: Duelist 1&2, Team spirit, Group Therapy 1&2, Need for more speed 1& 2, Iron fist 2

Yaninog had been sent by "The Queen" to explore the caverns and chambers below Auriga for potential converts to the cult of the eternal end. Unfortunately while going down into the depths of Auriga was easy, going back up with a stump for ones legs was not. With his mission more or less a failure, Yanol wishes to escape the dungeon, but will become desperate to try and recruit any who may listen to his words, surely the queen wouldn't have sent him down here if he was meant to fail?

Yaninog could be involved in stories with any of the other natives, or perhaps with more 'dim-witted' characters such as Gork as he tries to use logic and reason to persuade the mentally unstable into the construct's line of thinking.

Having four arms, two of which hold a ceremonial sword; the construct's lower two arms must drag Yanol in the directions he wishes to go, since his legs were never completed when the endless had their war so many many years ago. This means that while slow, any unfortunate creature that happens to get within arms length of Yanol will be promptly torn to shreds, as four arms are better at slicing and dicing than two~

Yaninog obviously works best when the whole team is with him, so that he may Annoy... I mean INSPIRE them all to greater states of enlightenment and combat prowess. He is also kind of a glass cannon for a melee character, if you can get him equipped with two swords (Like litesabers) He'll be less squishy and turn those enemies into mincemeat.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 22, 2015, 7:39:28 AM
Makes sense. All the other minor turrets in the game are replicated by characters. Pyro - Aoe + Viral, Neurostun self explanatory since it shares the name with the passive, Auto doc with paramedic/placebo, etc. I like the concept of covering off on someone with a similar ability to pepper spray. Plus they have the coding already in place!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment