Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Death Merchant; Cursed Items

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Nov 10, 2015, 7:22:46 PM
I really liked the Halloween update and the small changes it brought to the dungeon, most notably it's newest shopkeeper with that eerie yet similar two tone greeting upon opening the door.

Though the addition of the 'Time of sands' which almost parasitically remains locked to your hero until death; made me think about the possibility of 'Cursed' items being added to the game, with either the Death merchant himself offering them, or as a 'negative' event in the dungeon.

Essentially the moment they are picked up/purchased, they bind to your hero for a set number of doors, or even floors; providing a detrimental bonus to your hero, or heroes on the floor. These cannot be removed until the hero dies (Not a good thing really), or when the time listed on the item runs out in the set number of turns/floors, with a higher number depending upon how rare the item is.

For instance there could be a cursed Accessory that slows down your hero's speed, A spear that causes an additional wave of enemies to spawn each door opening or a sword that deals it's own attack bonus in damage back to it's wielder on each attack. (Some names for new items in this manner: "Rusted Saber", "Nano-hoes","Perfume","Scratchy Scarf", "Widowtaker", "Keep-togetherer", "Crow-bar", ect)

While these would be for the most part detrimental, once removed/curse lifted they could provide a permanent 'Bonus' to the hero, or the team itself.... Perhaps a form of research that cannot normally be done through a research crystal, or a bonus to health/ defense, perhaps the "Stimulated" trait or other new ones as well... Perhaps certain monsters could show sympathy....
0Send private message
9 years ago
Nov 16, 2015, 10:58:16 AM
Hello Arro_532,

I like the idea to add other cursed items to the game, it's relevant with the design.

Thanks for your propositions smiley: wink
0Send private message
9 years ago
Dec 3, 2015, 11:18:57 PM
Honestly I really like the idea of having cursed items/more cursed items.

Death is great, and I think it has a lot of potential for risky play.

Say for example a set of equips that give a significant buff, skill, or stat boost for the character they are equipped to.

However this remains stuck to them similar to the Sands of Time, and in the case of death (regardless of mode) it spawns a boss monster.

Having a combination of these items on a single character will result in combinations of the respective item monsters. All three results in... something.

In addition these Boss Monsters would seek each other out at the top priority to combine in the case that 2 manage to spawn on the same floor.

If there were to be more cursed items implemented would there also be a chance of giving "Dood" a much costlier option once a cursed item is purchased that would allow it to be removed?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment