Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] TD Pod

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Dec 21, 2015, 8:26:54 AM
Given that DotE has elements of "tower defense" in it, I thought it would be interesting to see how a more traditional tower defense game would play out using DotE's mechanics.

The player starts out with a good pile of initial resources and all tech researched at tier 1, but it's impossible to collect any amount of dust.

Each floor would consist a long string of pre-lit rooms leading directly to the elevator and one or two darkened rooms off to the side at the beginning of the hallway. All doors are open from the beginning (unless some doors are closed on purpose to have monsters break them down later).

The player must carry the crystal to the elevator AND KEEP IT THERE for a set amount of time before the elevator can leave. Monsters will either spawn in greater numbers or get stronger as time goes on.

The moment the player picks up the crystal, monsters will begin spawning, so it's up to the player to build defenses beforehand that will protect them until the time is up and they can leave the floor.

After completing a floor, a player may choose 2 techs to upgrade out of a list of 5 or so. To get more resources, players will have to rely on factories and biomass canneries, but a small amount of science will be given to the player on every floor to keep the KIP cannon useful.

I doubt I'm the first to suggest a more traditional TD mode, but I thought I'd just see waht other people think of a game-mode like this.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment