Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Self Made Riftborn Character Concept

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Dec 1, 2022, 5:38:18 AM

The Riftborn have to be one of my favorite factions in the endless universe. I hope one is eventually added but until then I want to toss my idea as to what one could be in this game. I am also by no means a game designer so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Name: Φ (but everyone just calls them Phin)

Weapon: Pistol

Role: Time Support

Passive: Time Fracture - Time is not how it seems around the station and Phin is keen to correcting it before anything bad can happen. Phin is able to collect Time Fractures from enemies that they kill. Time fractures can be spent to cast their other abilities. (think around 15-20 for a base stack max and gaining about 2-3 for each wave)

Basic Ability: Micro Singularity - The Riftborn are masters of time and can manipulate it at will. Phin can spend Time Fractures and select one of two small bubbles to place anywhere. They can either create a Dilation Singularity that slows anything that enters it whether it be ally or enemy, or they can create a Compression Singularity that speeds up anything that enters it whether it be ally or enemy. The singularity may remain but will consume a Time Fracture each time a door is opened. The singularity will end if the current singularity is canceled, another singularity is placed, there are no Time Fractures left, or Phin dies. The crystal is unaffected by either singularity due to it's immense power in relation to what Phin is able to do alone.

Ultimate Ability: Time Rip - While the survivors seem nearly immortal due to the station's intervention, Phin despises watching their allies die around them. Using a large number of Time Fractures, Phin can reverse time for a downed ally. Reviving a survivor this way will restore them to however they were seconds before their death. To make sure they don't die again too swiftly they will be temporarily cloaked in time and cannot interact with the world until time repairs itself around them. The ability can be used on an ally that had died during the wave after it's over, but only for a few seconds after the wave is done.

Only after writing all of this do I realize I've just created my own cringey OC for a game. In any case I hope you guys like my concept and I look forward to the future of this game.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 1, 2022, 8:56:00 PM

Interesting concept. I got impression that this game takes place before ES2 starts, which would make it impossible for Riftborn to be in it. I don't believe they've told us when the game takes place yet.

I do hope the future characters they add have more interesting gameplay changing abilities like these, rather than just "does damage in an area".

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment