Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

CRASH ON STARTUP

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Sep 7, 2023, 6:53:24 PM

Both a friend and i are having the same issue of crash on startup but our friends we gave buddy passes too were able to play

0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 8, 2023, 12:55:25 AM

Same issue, ran fine the first time. Completed the tutorial, changed graphic settings to ultra. Save and exit. Then quit the game. Tried to relaunch the game and now it just goes back to desktop after clicking play.

0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 8, 2023, 9:17:06 AM

Hello! Thank you for the reports! To help us investigate this could you send us the following files:

• Diagnostic files: These files need to be compressed as a zip or rar file or the upload will fail! These should also be time stamped, so grab the ones related to the time you crashed.
    • Located by default in: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Endless Dungeon\Temporary Files
  • Player.Log & UserSettings.json

• Crashes
    • C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\CrashDumps   

Example: Endless Dungeon.exe.XXXXXX.dmp" (with "XXXXXX" being some random numbers)

• This folder is also hidden by default.
  • A DxDiag of your machines. To get this information, the Windows desktop, press the Windows and R keys to open the Run window. In the Open: field of the Run window, type dxdiag. Click OK or the Enter key to open the DirectX* Diagnostic Tool. See also here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022556/graphics.html
0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 9, 2023, 12:21:14 AM

I have the same issue. FYI, I don't own the full game, only a "buddy" version.

In the player log, I saw that the game failed to load Hero assets that were not present in the folder architecture (for example, "Ted.Data.Depiction.Heroes.Trapper").

Here is my log... For some reason, every other file can not be uploaded (Diagnostic files, DxDiag saved as .txt, Crash dumps, UserSettings)

Player.log

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 9, 2023, 1:48:18 AM

@Saikana here is my crash logs

https://www.4shared.com/s/fxhVcGAbGge

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 9, 2023, 2:50:31 AM

Found this helpful tip on Steam forums, worked for me:

Originally posted by Bleach:

Same issue. Crashes on 75% loading

Windows events reports that exception 0xc000001d occurred with module:

ENDLESS™ Dungeon Playtest\ENDLESS Dungeon_Data\Plugins\x86_64\lib_burst_generated.dll

updated: deleting this file fixed the problem 

0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 9, 2023, 8:52:10 AM
EndlessCrashes wrote:

ENDLESS™ Dungeon Playtest\ENDLESS Dungeon_Data\Plugins\x86_64\lib_burst_generated.dll

This resolved the issue for me, thanks for cross-posting!

0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 9, 2023, 5:57:33 PM
Same here ! Thank you !

verzwirbofant wrote:
EndlessCrashes wrote:

This resolved the issue for me, thanks for cross-posting!

0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 10, 2023, 1:32:04 PM

I have encountered the same issue. Tried reinstalling multiple times on multiple operating systems, no luck.
I deleted the file mentioned by verzwirbofant. No luck.
Found in the log that the Ted.Data.Depiction.Heroes.Trapper and Ted.Data.Depiction.Heroes.Scavenger files were missing from the AssetBundle file. I just copied Roby and renamed it. No luck there either.

I have also noticed that the game stays in loading if I am offline and never crashes.

Here is my log file: (first one is after alterations, the second is repaired)
Player.log
Player.log

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 13, 2023, 2:36:10 PM
GoatMan wrote:

I have encountered the same issue. Tried reinstalling multiple times on multiple operating systems, no luck.
I deleted the file mentioned by verzwirbofant. No luck.
Found in the log that the Ted.Data.Depiction.Heroes.Trapper and Ted.Data.Depiction.Heroes.Scavenger files were missing from the AssetBundle file. I just copied Roby and renamed it. No luck there either.

I have also noticed that the game stays in loading if I am offline and never crashes.

Here is my log file: (first one is after alterations, the second is repaired)
Player.log
Player.log

Hi, thank you for your report.

We are really sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes and that those work around didn't work for you.
In order to better investigate the issue we would need the following: 

• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\CrashDumps   

Example: Endless Dungeon.exe.XXXXXX.dmp" (with "XXXXXX" being some random numbers)

• This folder is hidden by default. You will need to reveal hidden folders (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files-0320fe58-0117-fd59-6851-9b7f9840fdb2)

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry again!

0Send private message
a year ago
Sep 14, 2023, 10:35:38 PM
EndlessCrashes wrote:

I appreciate the tip. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, I'm on Epic though so that maybe a factor.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment