Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording
Vote complete

Locksmith Origin Story

You've probably all met her: Viggie, the trusty locksmith/hacker of our station. Without her expertise, our heroes would have a lot of trouble delving deeper into the mysteries of this place. As a z'vali, her skill with computers is hardly a surprise, given how sophisticated the knowledge of computing and simulations of her people is, and between locked doors and security systems, her help is indispensable to the team... 

Still, she hasn't always been here. So how did her story on the station start?

• Option 1: Unnaturally Inquisitive
    After doing extensive research, Viggie came to the Station on purpose to discover (and infiltrate) whatever systems might still be running. As far as she believes, the Station has the best-preserved Endless IT center in the galaxy, and she expects to find many answers to many questions...
  • Option 2: Unready to Retire
    She was travelling the galaxy as a member of a Z'Vali tour group from a retirement home, but had planned all along to break off from the cruise ship in a pod. She landed on the Station to explore, convinced she’ll finally find an answer to the fundamental philosophical question of the Z’Vali: Is reality just a giant simulation? If so, who is running it?
  • Option 3: Transporter Malfunction
    Viggie was studying ruins on planets in the system Pyxtys, once a stronghold of the Virtuals, seeking information on the nature of virtualization. Hacking the wrong door dumped her into a teleporter, which then reconstituted her in the Transcendence Center. She was rescued and returned to the Saloon by Bat.

Cast your vote now, and let us know what you think about Viggie's arrival!

5 937 400

g2g pts

Unnaturally Inquisitive
Winner

Unnaturally Inquisitive

5 227 700

g2g pts

Unready to Retire

Unready to Retire

4 837 300

g2g pts

Transporter Malfunction

Transporter Malfunction

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 18, 2024, 3:48:26 PM
Tyco wrote:

Transporter Malfunction sounded best to me

If we didn't know that she came to the station of her own free will that would have been nice... but we do know that she came voluntarily, taking Shroom with her.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 18, 2024, 4:17:04 PM

If my nation was all about simulations and technical skill, I would certainly be curious about how such a station runs. Knowing more about the Endless is a nice extra.
Not a super special backstory, but it makes the most sense to me.
So it's an easy 1. from me.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 18, 2024, 6:07:31 PM

Gotta vote 2! She “escaped” retirement and is on her one last rodeo in the stars discovering new knowledge and helping others figure out how to escape. 

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 18, 2024, 6:09:27 PM

Who is she and how did she get into the station?

She's a locksmith, and she's a locksmith.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 18, 2024, 6:17:34 PM
Lyssiar wrote:
Tyco wrote:

If we didn't know that she came to the station of her own free will that would have been nice... but we do know that she came voluntarily, taking Shroom with her.

Yeah I feel like if we know she went with Shroom and voluntarily I feel like 1 makes the most sense but I do feel like 3 is very interesting because it includes Bat. I have a soft spot for Bat clearly.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 18, 2024, 6:34:40 PM

First one interests me the most because who doesn't love just unnaturally mega curious peeps? Excited for that one tbh.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 19, 2024, 1:31:46 PM
Lyssiar wrote:
Tyco wrote:

The two of them do have a backstory, but Viggie did not bring Shroom along. They came independently, and their relationship developed on the Station.

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 19, 2024, 3:12:18 PM

I just think it's way cooler and more interesting for characters to do things because they wanted to, not because of random (bad) luck.

So I will be picking 1: Unnaturally Inquisitive

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 19, 2024, 9:18:24 PM

I'm all for "Transporter Malfunction". By exploring the ruins, it gives an open ended explanation to her abilities as well as an explanation. Tricks up her sleeves on how she had been working for so long, how clever she is, etc. <3

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 20, 2024, 3:20:18 AM

I'll have two number 9s,
a number 9 large,
a number 6 with extra dip.

A number 7,
Two number 45s,

One with cheese,

and a large soda.

Oh, and I vote for number 1

0Send private message