56+
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:41:39 AM
Raiu wrote:
I extremely doubt there are five 56+ people playing this smiley: confused

Why would you doubt that? I guess 56+ people like these kind of games better than FPS. Anyway, I am 60 as I stated.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:43:17 AM
jhxmt wrote:
I think it helps that most of the people here are those who've pre-ordered to help support the game, so are going to be naturally inclined to have a positive attitude on its forums! smiley: wink Or it could just be that we're all fantastic.

29, here.

We are all fantastic lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:45:38 AM
34 but I can live with that. It's the weight that looks like it can swirl out of control any minute.

Finally my long-term plan to become Jabba the Hut Mk2 seems like it could materialize real easy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:56:56 AM
Comparing my birth date with the current date could easily fool people into believing that I'm 34 years old. That's not correct though, as I'm perpetually stuck at 23, due to space time continuum interference. When transhumanists rule the world and aging is abolished, my body will also return to that physical state.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 12:08:41 PM
Sharidann wrote:
In another thread, it was pointed out that the general tone in the forums is quite civil and enjoyable. smiley: smile

I am wondering whether it has to do with our age or the art of game we play or simply because we are 1337 or imba as my fellow ninja would say! smiley: smile

Do I hear some slight bias on account of some specific age being considered generally rude? XD

Anyways, there seem to be two rather interesting bins. The 10-15 bin that is underpopulated and the 56+ bin that is essentially very broad and can therefore hardly be compared to the rest.

I'd just say we've got a gaussian excluding the first and last bin. Tried it out and this is the result:

The naive mean would be at around 29, while the mean of the gaussian distributed part is rather 23! Let's see how this poll evolves. ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:19:17 PM
Gaah a statistician.... smiley: smile

Just thought it would be interesting to check out the average age (and yeah the mean makes more sense and cutting off the fat tails helps too). smiley: stickouttongue

Nosferatiel wrote:
Do I hear some slight bias on account of some specific age being considered generally rude? XD

Anyways, there seem to be two rather interesting bins. The 10-15 bin that is underpopulated and the 56+ bin that is essentially very broad and can therefore hardly be compared to the rest.

I'd just say we've got a gaussian excluding the first and last bin. Tried it out and this is the result:

The naive mean would be at around 29, while the mean of the gaussian distributed part is rather 23! Let's see how this poll evolves. ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:27:42 PM
Sharidann wrote:
Gaah a statistician.... smiley: smile

Just thought it would be interesting to check out the average age (and yeah the mean makes more sense and cutting off the fat tails helps too). smiley: stickouttongue

Aren't you in finance business? You should be battlehardened enough. Even if business-people rarely seem to get the concept of error bars...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:33:20 PM
Yes I am.

And believe me fat tails belong to the things which make me cringe. smiley: smile (Along with the expression "this incident can only happen once in 10000 years" which we heard about every 2d year in the last 15... smiley: stickouttongue )

But thanks for the analysis. smiley: smile

Nosferatiel wrote:
Aren't you in finance business? You should be battlehardened enough. Even if business-people rarely seem to get the concept of error bars...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:42:19 PM
Sharidann wrote:
Yes I am.

And believe me fat tails belong to the things which make me cringe. smiley: smile (Along with the expression "this incident can only happen once in 10000 years" which we heard about every 2d year in the last 15... smiley: stickouttongue )

But thanks for the analysis. smiley: smile

np, just messing about for 5 minutes in ROOT is all it takes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 2:07:35 PM
My theory is that strategy minded people are generally more open minded, patient and thorough(aka mature) than the rest of the gamers out there; all this being maybe a consequence of the genre strong points. However as with everything this is not absolute, key word being "generally" here.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 3:41:05 PM
RottenIndeed wrote:
20 here! does that mean i am master of the 16-20 ages? :P

I just put 21-25 haha. Especially since my birthday is in a month. If you're turning 21 this year, Probably 21-25. If not...well. ('-' )
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment