Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Help! My screen stays on a black screen with only sound

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
May 7, 2021, 8:14:31 PM

I've tried to play this game but it loaded up in fullscreen and there is no way to change it because it's stuck on a black screen with sound. I'm using a 2020 MacBook pro. Is there anyway to change the game settings outside of the game?

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 7, 2021, 10:27:09 PM

I have a similar problem. Amplitude Studios please fix this problems. I discovered that it exists from the beginning. The game now supports 64-bit and we can play Big Sure and have new dlc so you are still suporting the game. When I want to play in full screen I have a black monitor. When I want to try on the second monitor, the view is black. I can't finish the tutorial because the button is under the monitor (view). - while i play in windowed mode. Why Endless space 2 is working perfect?

Endless Legned can too. I bought definitive edition on steam and i don't want to return it, please don't force me.

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 9, 2021, 9:02:05 PM

Have exactly the same issue: and this is why i'm here. I have 2019 MacBook Pro.

The only thing that “helped” is to run a game in windowed mode. But if you only dare to choose the fullscreen mode, the game will be blackscreen you forever: with only the cursor and music working. Also, if you force-quit the game, you'll see the actual game menu for a second. The same thing if you'll change the screen resolution with lack of fortune. (I'd tried some options, and in some ways there was black screen, and with others—just a bad result.)

But with official SEGA help page (but for their other game) I got how to make game forget your bad decisions messing with screen options. So, step-by-step:

1. Open the Finder.
  2. In menu bar click Go.
  3. Then hold the Option (Alt) button on a keyboard, the Library should appear in a drop-down menu. Click it.
  4. Find and open the Application Support folder, then Endless Legend.
  5. There should be three folders: Save Files, Temporary Files, and Users. Remove Users somewhere.
  6. Run the game.
It's a wanky method, but you can play with it at least. But I hope, there will be some normal patch or something for us to play this game at its finest, as it should be.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 10, 2021, 1:14:28 PM

I found the solution for playing in windowed mode without irritations.

Boardless windowed mode: 

1. hide dock and bar.

2. Open Steam (not big picture). Click on LIBRARY. Right-click on Endless Legend and open Properties. In the first tab (General), click on "Set Launch Options...". Type "-popupwindow"

Of course not in native resolution - native is to big (does not fit) - I don't known why (MacBook Pro 16)

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 12, 2021, 6:45:05 PM
nickythenick wrote:

Have exactly the same issue: and this is why i'm here. I have 2019 MacBook Pro.

The only thing that “helped” is to run a game in windowed mode. But if you only dare to choose the fullscreen mode, the game will be blackscreen you forever: with only the cursor and music working. Also, if you force-quit the game, you'll see the actual game menu for a second. The same thing if you'll change the screen resolution with lack of fortune. (I'd tried some options, and in some ways there was black screen, and with others—just a bad result.)

But with official SEGA help page (but for their other game) I got how to make game forget your bad decisions messing with screen options. So, step-by-step:

1. Open the Finder.
  2. In menu bar click Go.
  3. Then hold the Option (Alt) button on a keyboard, the Library should appear in a drop-down menu. Click it.
  4. Find and open the Application Support folder, then Endless Legend.
  5. There should be three folders: Save Files, Temporary Files, and Users. Remove Users somewhere.
  6. Run the game.
It's a wanky method, but you can play with it at least. But I hope, there will be some normal patch or something for us to play this game at its finest, as it should be.

Thank you! I'm glad I can at least get to play the game lol

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message