Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The space observational hierarchical nihilistic dead-obsessed silicon-based octopi-like diplomat.

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 11, 2016, 4:56:25 PM

Name: Space observational hierarchical nihilistic dead-obsessed silicon-based octopi-like diplomat. (Got the name, but since I can't edit the title then screw it.)

Gameplay (I will speak broadly rather than pinpoint specific thing, so it can still be up to the dev to decide how to make them):

Exploration and Diplomacy focus faction. 

Population bonus: Is not affected by Approval modifiers (like the Harmony.)

Faction affinity: Beggar.

Main victory type: Diplomatic/Scientific

Political Ideology: Diplomatic. (Would ask for nihilistic, but...)

Summary (for those who don't want to read wall of text):

- Easy to increase relationship with other faction and minor faction.

- Good diplomatic action effect is stronger and last longer.

- Relationship decay faster, can decay even when relationship is low.

- Scientific boost per ally, can stack. (Up to dev: Lose this boost from minor factions if assimilate.)

- Pathetic military.

- Cost less to make deal or enter alliance with other faction and vice-versa when controlled by AI.

This specie are driven by two goal in mind: to change their mind set or went extinct, only one can be achieve; both require third party. Thus they seek out other species to look for the answer and often engage in trade and research agreement and receive scientific boost from having an full pledge ally, due to being able to fully study other species for their answer. Being both hierarchical and nihilistic/apathetic, they pretty much don't care if they were overwork or push to settle on hostile world to make a base for your fleet (like the Sower, although unlike them the 'colony' is likely to parish). Their empire (if you could call it that) mood will remain, always, the same (similar to the Harmony).

As AI, they are easy to build up truth with and you will need less influent to ask something from them, sometimes you can even make an unfair trade. Do not think you can just declare war on them, however, as the AI should be in alliance with other factions pretty early on and by late game, maybe all the factions would be their ally at that point; including you. There is a benefit to being their ally, however, since they will receive scientific boost for having allies their tech will likely to be better than your and since it's easier to trade with them, you can get new tech at cheaper price. Even if they are of no use to you, they are not aggressive and will keep pushing for being your ally, along with others including the one you are at war with, and thus not really noteworthy to you.

Fighting them yourself is not hard, as their military are pathetic due to one of their goal (went extinct), but fight with all their allies should be a nightmare, unless you're playing the Cravers. This is to ensure that when they are close to diplomatic victory or Scientific victory, you would not just break an alliance and went to war with them so they can't win; if you being an a****** everyone will gank up on you, might include YOUR allies who are also THEIR allies.

As a player, you will need less influent (not sure if the mechanic's still in this game) to pass any deal or agreement. Other will truth you faster (the effect of good actions for other factions last longer and stronger) than normal if you did something nice to them, but the decay rate is fast as well (if you do not have good action to keep the relationship going up); since your people will aggressively study their ally to discover one of their goal; imagine having tentacles harassing you. It is also easier to provoke other faction, especially if you are not on the good term (as stated, faster decay relationship).

You main focus when playing them is to make as much allies as possible, hence Diplomatic victory, even if it will cripple your own empire (then again, no one is going to complain) since it's the only way you can defend yourself until late game when your technology can fill the gap of your pathetic military, but even then you should still keep your allies as it will contribute to another one of your victory type: Scientific victory. As stated early, they receive scientific boost for having one ally; the more allies you have, the higher the boost. With that it's also possible for you to win Scientific victory by having a lot of allies.

Special: Never truly lose.

Just for fun. Due to one of their goal, I think it would be fun that no matter if your empire was destroy, other factions win with one of victory condition or you just give up. The end scene should always be 'Victory' as their nihilistic mind set make them impossible to 'lose.'

Lore (I need to go over 200 words, I am sorry, but it just too few. It won't be more than 300 thought, I promise. But if I would be disqualify for that then plz inform me.): 

The {race name} are one of the few specie that had no knowledge of the Endless until they had made contact with the galactic community. While known as pacifist, the truth is far grimmer. Due to evolve on the harsh world and still able to live a long life due to their silicon-based biology, they are extremely nihilistic due to their long and daily torment. Thus their pacifistic nature did not originate from their benevolent, but their apathetic view that no life is worth fighting for, not even their own. Despite this, they ventured into the star to seek two knowledge that would end their suffering: find the way to change their view on life as nothing or find their extinction among the star so they can finally rest. 

Their society is hierarchical with the youth being at the top. This is because only their youth have enough will and energy to try and find the species goals.  Their homeworld is nothing but barren black sand and rock, which also cause their skin to become charcoal black. Their dying sun is already dwarfed into small white star making the light both harsher and with no color.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 11, 2016, 5:44:04 PM

you can't change the title but you could just add the name in big letters on the top of the page.

a bit like this

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 26, 2016, 1:51:53 PM

A very interesting Idea here.

Just one thing: You may want to improve the layout of the entry by adding clearer subheadings but that's just me.

0Send private message
Comment