Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New Faction Contest - The Kel'ian

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 11, 2016, 8:50:41 PM

THEME: Parasitic spores

GAMEPLAY: The Kel'ian start play without a city of their own. Rather, they literally attach themselves to a minor faction determined randomly at game launch. Under their control, the minor faction grows and develops as though it were a major faction, adding districts around the city center as usual for player races. 

CONCEPTS: The Kel'ian are, essentially, a sort of fungus or plant that roots itself in the body of other races. As it grows, the parasite is clearly visible, as vine-like tendrils and cysts full of spores erupt through the host's skin.
The faction would have access to the minor faction's military units (under the command of the infected,) an enhanced version (augmented by the parasite,) and a larger 'tank' unit, a mature Kel'ian - a barely sentient mass of root and vine and spongy muscle. A sort of veggie shoggoth. 

They could spread by assimilating other cities and factions, but could not found cities of their own. 

Since the bulk of their people would be uninfected, dominated but not assimilated, they would be weak against espionage. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 4:57:50 PM

I've seen a few of these "parasite" type factions, and I really like the concept. Wish I thought of it. What makes your different? What do you mean by "adding districts around the city"? This seems like an EL concept rather than ES2.

Also, what are their traits and affinity? Feel free to see my submission for an idea of how to lay out your ideas.

0Send private message
Comment